Cutch and Team Option

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Cutch and Team Option

Post by fjk090852-7 »

The World Series will end either on Tuesday or Wednesday and by the end of the week the Bucs will have to exercise Cutch's option,or pay his buyout clause. I would be shocked if the Bucs don't exercise the option, but one has to think they could decline the option since they have not yet made an announcement to exercise his 2018 contract option.
Ecbucs

Cutch and Team Option

Post by Ecbucs »

7D71702B222B232E29362C1B0 wrote: The World Series will end either on Tuesday or Wednesday and by the end of the week the Bucs will have to exercise Cutch's option,or pay his buyout clause. I would be shocked if the Bucs don't exercise the option, but one has to think they could decline the option since they have not yet made an announcement to exercise his 2018 contract option.

NH has said there is no advantage in exercising options prior to deadline.
Bobster21

Cutch and Team Option

Post by Bobster21 »

They will pick up the option. If they didn't, they get nothing for him. If they pick up the option they can get out of paying most of it by trading him as early as they want and still get something for him. I suspect he'll be traded by the trade deadline.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cutch and Team Option

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Do people really think the Pirates won't pick up the option?

I would be shocked and lost for words if McCutchen's option didn't get picked up. I assume talks of an extension are happening or at least will happen.
fjk090852-7

Cutch and Team Option

Post by fjk090852-7 »

454E464A4F4E551016615840494E4E0F424E210 wrote: Do people really think the Pirates won't pick up the option?

I would be shocked and lost for words if McCutchen's option didn't get picked up.  I assume talks of an extension are happening or at least will happen.
I wonder if they are not discussing an extension since there was not an announcement today. Some teams have announced that they either have exercised or declined player options. They still have two days to exercise the option so stay tuned for a press release from the Pirates.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cutch and Team Option

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

It was just picked up.

P.S.

Stewart and LeBlanc were not picked up. LeBlanc sent to Indy.