Phil Gosselin

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Phil Gosselin

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I would bring Phil Gosselin back up. He is hitting .392 in the minors. His bat has to be better than Gift Ngoegpe and Alen Hanson, who are at .200 and .196 respectively.

I like Gift's story and glove, but prefer the bat.
SammyKhalifa

Phil Gosselin

Post by SammyKhalifa »

While not a superstar, Gosselin has a track record way better than what Pirate fans have seen so far. I wonder when the Pirates finally give up on Alen Hanson (who still probably has a higher ceiling however unlikely it seems he'll reach it).
Bobster21

Phil Gosselin

Post by Bobster21 »

242F272B2E2F347177003921282F2F6E232F400 wrote: I would bring Phil Gosselin back up.  He is hitting .392 in the minors.  His bat has to be better than Gift Ngoegpe and Alen Hanson, who are at .200 and .196 respectively.

I like Gift's story and glove, but prefer the bat. 
Between the two, I'd keep Ngoepe over Hanson. Neither will hit much but Gift is the better glove.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Phil Gosselin

I am surprised they are still keeping Hanson around. He makes the team out of spring training, yet when an injury happens he still doesn't start/play. Gift has more at bats and joined the team on April 26th. That should be a sign right there.
mouse

Phil Gosselin

Post by mouse »

I would guess the holdup on Hanson is that he is out of options so it's a matter of asking waivers and risk losing him for nothing in return. Maybe they hope to package him in a trade when July rolls around.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Phil Gosselin

7C7E646274110 wrote: I would guess the holdup on Hanson is that he is out of options so it's a matter of asking waivers and risk losing him for nothing in return. Maybe they hope to package him in a trade when July rolls around.

Maybe, I just don't see Hanson being the deal breaker.
Bobster21

Phil Gosselin

Post by Bobster21 »

55574D4B5D380 wrote: I would guess the holdup on Hanson is that he is out of options so it's a matter of asking waivers and risk losing him for nothing in return. Maybe they hope to package him in a trade when July rolls around.
I don't think he has more than minimal value to the Pirates or anyone else. Doesn't seem like the type they would expect to get anything for.
CarolinaBucco

Phil Gosselin

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I would play Gift more than the others because none of them can hit a lick, but Gift at least has an elite glove.

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Phil Gosselin

4062716C6F6A6D62417660606C030 wrote: I would play Gift more than the others because none of them can hit a lick, but Gift at least has an elite glove.

I assume that is why he is playing. I know the defense has been very bad overall, but the bats have been really, really bad too.
SCBucco

Phil Gosselin

Post by SCBucco »

2E2C363026430 wrote: I would guess the holdup on Hanson is that he is out of options so it's a matter of asking waivers and risk losing him for nothing in return. Maybe they hope to package him in a trade when July rolls around.

Hate to tell you, he has no trade value as far as bringing back a valued player.