7/16/2017 Lineup vs. Cards

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Aaron

Post by Aaron »

3C373F3336372C696F182139303737763B37580 wrote: I was out of town.

I like Moroff.  I know he isn't hitting a thing, but I know he can hit.  I don't mind him getting that occasional start.  I would start him over Gosselin for sure. 

It's just funny reading back on the game threads after the fact.  People were mad that Moroff started and then when he had the big hit only one person pointed it out.

Here you go, Dog:

Max Moroff hit an unexpected HR yesterday. It helped the team get a win over the Cards. A very nice contribution, for sure.

He now has 53 ML ABs, with 5 hits (including a HR), 20 strikeouts, for a .094 avg and a .380 OPS.

Obviously 53 ABs is a tiny sample size, so it's not a definite indication that he won't be a solid major league player if given more opportunities.

As far as you saying you know he can hit, no you don't. What you know is that this season he has 13 HRs at AAA. What you may not know is that the rest of his minor league career has been inconsistent/spotty.

It was a nice HR for Moroff. If he gets more playing time, I hope he improves. But his HR yesterday hasn't changed my opinion that he will not be a future contributor for the Pirates and has very little trade value.

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Good job, Aaron. You are always one to provide that great input and thought provoking post.

Being the game thread, people didn't want Moroff in this particular game. Of course we don't know what Harrison would have done. Harrison is right handed and is batting .119 in his last 40+ at bats. Freese is like .222 in his last 40+ at bats and is right handed too. Moroff, who is hitting worse overall can field just as well and is left handed. Facing a very good right handed pitcher, I understood the move. I would have started Harrison, but I wouldn't have said anything when the line up came out.

All those negative posts, yet the move worked. And no one admitted they ate the crow. Sorry, it was funny to me.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

5F545C5055544F0A0C7B425A5354541558543B0 wrote: Good job, Aaron.  You are always one to provide that great input and thought provoking post.

Congrats, Dog. You've perfectly illustrated the special, "Dogknot Rules," that apply to the board.

Due to those rules, this will be the end of my post.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

3E353D3134352E6B6D1A233B3235357439355A0 wrote: Good job, Aaron.  You are always one to provide that great input and thought provoking post.

Being the game thread, people didn't want Moroff in this particular game.  Of course we don't know what Harrison would have done.  Harrison is right handed and is batting .119 in his last 40+ at bats.  Freese is like .222 in his last 40+ at bats and is right handed too.  Moroff, who is hitting worse overall can field just as well and is left handed.  Facing a very good right handed pitcher, I understood the move.  I would have started Harrison, but I wouldn't have said anything when the line up came out. 

All those negative posts, yet the move worked.  And no one admitted they ate the crow.  Sorry, it was funny to me. 
Get a grip Dog. VaPirate and I both noted his HR in the game thread. You said only person did. Now you say no one did. Good grief.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

38333B373233286D6B1C253D343333723F335C0 wrote: Good job, Aaron.  You are always one to provide that great input and thought provoking post.

Being the game thread, people didn't want Moroff in this particular game.  Of course we don't know what Harrison would have done.  Harrison is right handed and is batting .119 in his last 40+ at bats.  Freese is like .222 in his last 40+ at bats and is right handed too.  Moroff, who is hitting worse overall can field just as well and is left handed.  Facing a very good right handed pitcher, I understood the move.  I would have started Harrison, but I wouldn't have said anything when the line up came out. 

All those negative posts, yet the move worked.  And no one admitted they ate the crow.  Sorry, it was funny to me. 

Dog, this is the place for talking about baseball, not making sarcastic remarks about other members.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

It did work out for one game. I have no problem admitting it. I find it utterly ridiculous that just cause Moroff did hit a homer yesterday you are acting like he should be starting now 2-3 times a week. The guy was hitting under .100 coming into the game. He doesn't deserve to start period for a team that "suppposedly" still thinks they can win this division and desperately need to win games to stay in contention.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

4C6B7A7E7B66596D7A7B7B661F0 wrote: It did work out for one game. I have no problem admitting it. I find it utterly ridiculous that just cause Moroff did hit a homer yesterday you are acting like he should be starting now 2-3 times a week. The guy was hitting under .100 coming into the game. He doesn't deserve to start period for a team that "suppposedly" still thinks they can win this division and desperately need to win games to stay in contention.

I am not acting that way nor do I want that. Ha ha...there is a new game today. The horse is dead.

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

7B5B4855543A0 wrote: Good job, Aaron.  You are always one to provide that great input and thought provoking post.

Congrats, Dog. You've perfectly illustrated the special, "Dogknot Rules," that apply to the board.

Due to those rules, this will be the end of my post.

Well, I hope you stick around. Don't want anyone leaving because of another poster. I pretty much appreciate all posts, yours have a "bite" but add to the board. No time to quit! Within a few weeks the FO is either going to surprise us or kill us - gotta get ready.