June 6, D-Day, vs Orioles

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Just another picture of how broken this team is.

Another terrible loss.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

2229212D2829327771063F272E2929682529460 wrote: Who else you pitching?  Rivero can't go three innings. He got the team out of the jam in the 7th and then pitched the 8th.

Watson has been terrible, but what makes people think he could get guys out in the 7th? Or the 8th?

I am surprised Leblanc got the call vs al of these power hitting righties. That's the risky call to the bullpen.
Just Hurdle being Hurdle, completely stupid to bring him in to pitch to a bunch of big stick righty.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Missing that other bullpen arm. Hudson and Watson are failing the team big time. Hudson didn't even get the nod against all the right handed batters.

Nicasio and Rivero are being used to get out of jams and to get to the 9th. The offense even tagged on another insurance run and Watson still blew it.

What is Hurdle supposed to do? I don't know. There is no one else to bring in.

Now Cervelli and Nova got hurt.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

050E060A0F0E155056211800090E0E4F020E610 wrote: Who else you pitching?  Rivero can't go three innings. He got the team out of the jam in the 7th and then pitched the 8th.

Watson has been terrible, but what makes people think he could get guys out in the 7th? Or the 8th?

I am surprised Leblanc got the call vs al of these power hitting righties. That's the risky call to the bullpen.
Has to be Nicasio and then Rivero. I would put Glasnow in the pen and maybe he could help, anyone but Watson.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Neal's signature - outstanding pen, is now a mess. This isn't the result of players being stupid, this is just a picture of a season that everything has failed. It should be one big time wake up call to the FO, assuming it doesn't cost everyone their jobs.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Glasnow in the bullpen?  He has more base runners than anyone.  Glasnow needs to go to the minors.

Watson would be just as bad in the 6th or 7th inning. Wait, maybe he doesn't like the pressure like McCutchen? 

Nicasio probably needs stretched out. Maybe he can go longer?

Hurdle said Leblanc has better splits against righties and the Orioles have been reverse split guys. At least he had a reason. 
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I don't have a solution for the bullpen, but I have a solution for tonight ...

Hurdle should have left Rivero in. He only had 15 pitches. He was well rested. You send Rivero out there and he finishes with maybe 30 pitches and you are 95 percent certain to walk out of there with a big road win.

Instead you go with Watson, who has been throwing batting practice the last few weeks and everyone in the park knows he is probably going to give up a home run.

I would have taken the win while it was RIGHT THERE to be had.

Now the Pirates are faced with a very unfavorable pitching matchup tomorrow night. They had a favorable matchup tonight and they took advantage of it and were all set to get a win -- until Mr. Watson walked out to the mound.
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

Our best chance to salvage this season is to give Clint a pink slip... let Uncle Ray run the club...
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Rivero can't go 30 pitches. Why risk your best bullpen arm like that?
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

6355544348495341624F5353200 wrote: Our best chance to salvage this season is to give Clint a pink slip... let Uncle Ray run the club...
I would be good with that, maybe he could at least see obvioud things.