7/16/2017 Lineup vs. Cards

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

585053647257707F110 wrote: Ball game!  But freaking MLB.tv cut out literally at the exact moment Frazier's ball went over second base.  Unbelievable.  Both on the comeback and MLB.tv's impecable timing.

Too bad they cut you like that - that was the biggest celebration on field I've seen in a long long time.  Bigger than Friday. It's like the team realized they suddenly had new life. 

They say there is no Big Mo in baseball, but I wonder if this might change the season. 

Truthfully, it happens all the time at the end of games.  They put their blasted Live Look-ins up at the end of games, and suddenly all sorts of people around the country tune in.  It's like it clogs up all the bandwidth or something.  I had no problem the entire game until literally Frazier makes contact, and boom.  Frozen.

Once the game is archived, maybe they will actually have an extra minute of two?

A LOT of emotion on the field.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Was it still bad to start Moroff?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

6E656D6164657E3B3D4A736B6265652469650A0 wrote: Was it still bad to start Moroff? 
What took you so long Dog? Yeah, it worked out today. First time in Moroff's 12 starts he did something good. Of course we'll never know how Harrison or Freese would have done with 4 ABs. And even after his HR, Hurdle PH for Moroff in the 9th. This reminds me of Jeff Locke's occasional good games just when it looked like he should never start again. He'd have a good game to buy another 3 bad starts. So now Hurdle will be encouraged to keep starting Moroff.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

I was out of town.

I like Moroff. I know he isn't hitting a thing, but I know he can hit. I don't mind him getting that occasional start. I would start him over Gosselin for sure.

It's just funny reading back on the game threads after the fact. People were mad that Moroff started and then when he had the big hit only one person pointed it out.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Actually, 2 of us pointed it out but who's counting?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

5A777A6B6C7D6A2A29180 wrote: Actually, 2 of us pointed it out but who's counting?

Oh, I counted five anti-posts about Moroff starting and one post saying he hit a HR.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Ahhh.....things are back to normal!

Welcome back Dog. ;)
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

79727A767372692C2A5D647C757272337E721D0 wrote: Actually, 2 of us pointed it out but who's counting?

Oh, I counted five anti-posts about Moroff starting and one post saying he hit a HR.
As long as you were counting you might as well have counted them both. Just sayin' :)
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

He still stinks and shouldn't be playing in games this meaningful. I'm glad he did hit a homer yesterday but it still doesn't mean it was the right decision by Clint to start him in a game that was that important yesterday. I'm sure we will see the same garbage for this Brewers series as well where guys like Stewart, Gosselin and Moroff get a start or two when they have no business being in there what so ever. Moroff was hitting what like .081 coming into this game. To sit there and act like this was a good decision to start him just because he happen to hit a homer I think is absolutely ridiculous
dogknot17@yahoo.co

I have no problem playing the percentages when players are struggling. That got Jaso and Osuna out of their funks.

I wouldn't start any bench player over the starters. But if there is a history or a good match up, I would consider the back up more. I don't know if that was the case or not.

Moroff, to me, is better than Gosselin, Gift and Hanson. The Pirates need Freese and Harrison to start hitting again. What is going on with those two?