Another Well Pitched Game By Cole Tonight

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I still recall earlier this season when Marte made a stupid out running unforced from 2B to 3B on a grounder to SS and Hurdle said he didn't want to tell someone he did something wrong when he thought he was trying to help win a game. That's a problem. Maybe these guys don't even know what they're doing and aren't being told.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

5A777A6B6C7D6A2A29180 wrote: I still recall earlier this season when Marte made a stupid out running unforced from 2B to 3B on a grounder to SS and Hurdle said he didn't want to tell someone he did something wrong when he thought he was trying to help win a game. That's a problem. Maybe these guys don't even know what they're doing and aren't being told. 

When I mentioned fines I meant something more along the lines of a kangaroo court (which would be player run). If called out by manager or coach it should be behind closed doors unless it is done like Bobster said by removing player from game. I wouldn't remove player after his first offense but he could be told not to do that again or he will be gone. Everyone has brain freezes now and then but if team needs to play smart in order to win (and this team needs to do that) then stupid plays need to be reduced.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

McClendon used to manage that way.  The players had no respect for him.  McClendon would get in their face in the dugout for all to see.  He would remove guys fro games.  The players hated it (I guess so) but McClendon lost his team. 

Hurdle is known to have many meetings behind closed doors.  He doesn't belittle players in front of everyone.  Its also a reason why I hate when he doesn't answer questions.  It is all done behind closed doors. 

Maybe, just maybe, Cora needs time to get used to.  I was at the game.  I didn't notice what Cora was doing, but did think cervelli was duped by the center fielder as he put up his arm in a catching motion.  But I still thought he would have scored but Cora held him up.  I assumed Jaso thought it was a base hit, but he should have noticed Cervelli on the bag.  Not sure what Jaso was thinking or doing.  It was bad all around. 
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

646F676B6E6F743137407961686F6F2E636F000 wrote: McClendon used to manage that way.  The players had no respect for him.  McClendon would get in their face in the dugout for all to see.  He would remove guys fro games.  The players hated it (I guess so) but McClendon lost his team. 

Hurdle is known to have many meetings behind closed doors.  He doesn't belittle players in front of everyone.  Its also a reason why I hate when he doesn't answer questions.  It is all done behind closed doors. 

Maybe, just maybe, Cora needs time to get used to.  I was at the game.  I didn't notice what Cora was doing, but did think cervelli was duped by the center fielder as he put up his arm in a catching motion.  But I still thought he would have scored but Cora held him up.  I assumed Jaso thought it was a base hit, but he should have noticed Cervelli on the bag.  Not sure what Jaso was thinking or doing.  It was bad all around. 
I don't recall McClendon ever doing that. I remember him saying he would talk privately to players. I think the players liked him. He was just a lousy manager.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

79727A767372692C2A5D647C757272337E721D0 wrote:

How can you possibly blame Cora? Cervelli went half way (as he should) and them returned to 2B to tag up (as he shouldn't). By the time he decided to run to 3B, the ball had bounced off the wall and been picked up. At that point with only 1 out it would have been foolish for Cora to send him. Jaso thought there were 2 outs and just took off. He never looked to see if the ball was caught. He was only a few feet behind Cervelli (who had waited and tagged) because he was running on contact thinking there were 2 outs.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

I wasn't blaming Cora. I was asking a question. I forgot the question mark, sorry.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

3D363E3237362D686E192038313636773A36590 wrote: I wasn't blaming Cora. I was asking a question. I forgot the question mark, sorry.
Those darn question marks come in handy sometimes. ;D ;D ;D
dogknot17@yahoo.co

I have started watching Cora more. I know it is hard to send runners when the bases would be loaded with no outs, but the Pirates aren't scoring.

Cora has experience coaching third base, so I actually liked the move. He has a ring too. There are a bunch of middle infielders on this team, I hope he is helping them too.