Status of Kang

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Status of Kang

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

494142756346616E000 wrote: Red Sox DFA Pablo Sandoval. Wouldn't mind if the Bucs took a look.

I mentioned him at the beginning of the season. He has been pretty bad this year. Might be worth a flyer, but how much would he play and can he only play 3B? Gosselin can at least sub at a few positions if he would be the odd man out.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Status of Kang

5E555D5154554E0B0D7A435B5255551459553A0 wrote: Red Sox DFA Pablo Sandoval. Wouldn't mind if the Bucs took a look.

I mentioned him at the beginning of the season.  He has been pretty bad this year.  Might be worth a flyer, but how much would he play and can he only play 3B?  Gosselin can at least sub at a few positions if he would be the odd man out.

Scratch that. He is still under contract until 2020.

Pass
IABucFan

Status of Kang

Post by IABucFan »

One thing on this from reading NH's comments, I'm still optimistic Kang could be back next year. I've worked pretty extensively with immigrants to the US. There isn't much that can be said about immigration law except that it's probably the most confusing aspect of law imagineable. I'm not an attorney, but have asked attorneys questions regarding immigration law, and the universal response I'm given is, "I have no idea."

That's kind of where I'm at on the JHK situation. I just have no idea when it comes to immigration law. But, I've got to believe that the Pirates would be in contact with someone who does. And apparently, since they are still holding out hope for next year, that person is telling them there is a chance.

My bigger concern is for Kang personally. He's already demonstrated he has a propensity for alcohol. Alcohol is often used as a home remedy of sorts for depression. Now, I'm not saying Kang is depressed, certainly not clinically. Only a professional can diagnose that. But, given all that is going on around Kang, the assault charge, three DUIs, throwing away a multi-million dollar career, if I were him, I'd be depressed. I could see that leading to a lot of sulking, sitting around, watching TV. If he does come back, I'll be worried that he can still play baseball well enough to play at the major league level.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Status of Kang

Ugh. I think Kang is a young man who enjoys to party. He is single, no kids, goes to the bars and clubs, hits on women and drinks until the bar closes.

You know, like almost every other 20 something in the world.

I hope he learned his lesson. But this doesn't mean he is depressed, an alcoholic, or has a problem. Ask around, I am sure you know people who had a DUI. It's scary, but people get busted all the time. There are probably even more people who made it home and didn't get caught.

Not an excuse by any means. I just really doubt Kang or any athlete can be a functioning alcoholic. At least, I would be very surprised. Did you not see the Penguins partying and drinking on parade day? They were having fun, probably got drunk. Doesn't mean they have a problem with the substance.
IABucFan

Status of Kang

Post by IABucFan »

3E353D3134352E6B6D1A233B3235357439355A0 wrote: Ugh.  I think Kang is a young man who enjoys to party. He is single, no kids, goes to the bars and clubs, hits on women and drinks until the bar closes.

I hope he learned his lesson. But this doesn't mean he is depressed, an alcoholic, or has a problem. Ask around, I am sure you know people who had a DUI.  It's scary, but people get busted all the time. There are probably even more people who made it home and didn't get caught.

Not an excuse by any means.  I just really doubt Kang or any athlete can be a functioning alcoholic. At least, I would be very surprised. Did you not see the Penguins partying and drinking on parade day?  They were having fun, probably got drunk. Doesn't mean they have a problem with the substance.

First of all, Kang is 30, not 20. Second, I know plenty of 20 year olds who don't live like that. Third, by your own admission, people do this and don't get caught. Kang got caught at least three times. Either he's incredibly unlucky, or has done this numerous other times when he didn't get caught. As I said in my earlier post, I'm not a psychologist, and even if I were, couldn't diagnose him through a computer. All I'm saying is that tendencies are there.
Aaron

Status of Kang

Post by Aaron »

For those wondering what Kang has been up to recently, he spends his evenings out at bars, drinking heavily and trying to meet women.

Hopefully he's smart enough to hire a driver now, so he doesn't put anyone else's life at risk.

Oh and in the afternoon, sometimes he takes some swings with the pitching machine that Coonelly sent him.

He smokes filterless cigarettes, too. Sometimes he does it while he's taking his hacks with the machine.

When Kang got his most recent DUI, it was reported that Devo was blasting from the stereo inside his car. No word on which album.
johnfluharty

Status of Kang

Post by johnfluharty »

4E454D4144455E1B1D6A534B4245450449452A0 wrote: Ugh.  I think Kang is a young man who enjoys to party. He is single, no kids, goes to the bars and clubs, hits on women and drinks until the bar closes.

I hope he learned his lesson. But this doesn't mean he is depressed, an alcoholic, or has a problem. Ask around, I am sure you know people who had a DUI.  It's scary, but people get busted all the time. There are probably even more people who made it home and didn't get caught.

Not an excuse by any means.  I just really doubt Kang or any athlete can be a functioning alcoholic. At least, I would be very surprised. Did you not see the Penguins partying and drinking on parade day?  They were having fun, probably got drunk. Doesn't mean they have a problem with the substance.

Dog, you are correct of course, but only a very few very stupid ones continue to drink and drive after being nailed for it twice.
BenM

Status of Kang

Post by BenM »

343F373B3E3F246167102931383F3F7E333F500 wrote:

Not an excuse by any means.  I just really doubt Kang or any athlete can be a functioning alcoholic. At least, I would be very surprised.

Mickey Mantle was almost denied a liver transplant because of his drinking. Drinking and drugs may have derailed Dwight Gooden from a HOF career. CC Cabathia just went through rehab. I'm sure there are many others.

SammyKhalifa

Status of Kang

Post by SammyKhalifa »

But again, though . . .

1).  You were arrested for it.

2).  You were arrested for it again.

3).  You're a millionaire and can afford to have someone drive you around.

At some point the You're Young and Do Stuff Like That "defense" doesn't cut it. 
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Status of Kang

7D7576415772555A340 wrote: Ugh.  I think Kang is a young man who enjoys to party. He is single, no kids, goes to the bars and clubs, hits on women and drinks until the bar closes.

First of all, Kang is 30, not 20.  Second, I know plenty of 20 year olds who don't live like that.  Third, by your own admission, people do this and don't get caught.  Kang got caught at least three times.  Either he's incredibly unlucky, or has done this numerous other times when he didn't get caught.  As I said in my earlier post, I'm not a psychologist, and even if I were, couldn't diagnose him through a computer.  All I'm saying is that tendencies are there.

I am just saying you have a friend or a know someone who has had too much to drink and made a stupid decision and drove home. Probably more than once too. That doesn't mean he is an alcoholic or has a problem. It just doesn't. Drinking every day, drinking when you wake up or needing the drink are way different than just going out and having too much to drink.

Kang just turned 30, so he was in his 20's.

Drunk Driving is so scary. It is extremely bad. I am rarely on the roads when the bars close. Uber could be the best invention ever. But it happens every day. More people get home than get caught in my opinion.