More stats:

W - 1

BS - 1

ER - 2

ERA - 1.5
agent00

Melancon watch

Post by agent00 »

Glad to see him doing well. He's a good dude.
fjk090852-7

Melancon watch

Post by fjk090852-7 »

It is good to see Melancon is doing well. I had no problem with this trade because he was a free agent at year end. If the Bucs were in the hunt for the division I would have thought they might have kept him. As we know the Wild Card game is a crap shoot, and if the Bucs make it, there is a chance they may not even use their closer.
UtahPirate

Melancon watch

Post by UtahPirate »

I'm going to throw Caminero in this thread. He was almost immediately put in the setup spot in front of the Mariners new rookie closer "Electric Eddie" Diaz.

G - 4

W - 1

IP - 5

H - 1

SO - 3

BB - 0

M fans love him so far. It will be interesting to see what we get for him. According to a Seattle newspaper article NH had been working on a trade before the deadline and we put Caminero on waivers to see if he would slip through and they could finish the deal since they couldn't get it done prior to the deadline.
CutchisaBoss

Melancon watch

Post by CutchisaBoss »

55746168506972617465000 wrote: I'm going to throw Caminero in this thread. He was almost immediately put in the setup spot in front of the Mariners new rookie closer "Electric Eddie" Diaz.

G - 4

W - 1

IP - 5

H - 1

SO - 3

BB - 0

M fans love him so far. It will be interesting to see what we get for him. According to a Seattle newspaper article NH had been working on a trade before the deadline and we put Caminero on waivers to see if he would slip through and they could finish the deal since they couldn't get it done prior to the deadline.

They love him now...but he's due for an outing where he can't find the zone or the fastball is too flat and gets smoked...
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Melancon watch

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I never saw movement on his fastball. He had a good stretch at the end of June too. Who knows with Caminera?
fjk090852-7

Melancon watch

Post by fjk090852-7 »

It is only a small sample, but Rivero has been very good so far. Nice outing today.
KLBuccos

Melancon watch

Post by KLBuccos »

Rivero stats:

G - 7

IP - 7

ERA - 0.00

K - 13

K/9 - 17

BB - 4