Tonight's game 6/12

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

Tonight's game 6/12

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Buccos up 7-1 top 8.

After last week's fiasco in Baltimore, I won't feel good about this game until it's over and the Pirates have at least 1 more run that the Rocks.

And I'm guessing Rivero is not available available tonight.

So yes, against this offense and considering this bullpen, count me as still worried.

On the positive side ... wow what a start by Taillon and just an incredible story. 5 weeks after his surgery, he comes back and throws 5 shutout innings, touching 97 I believe, vs. arguably the best offense in the National League. Easily one of the best stories in baseball this year. So happy for him and his family.
Ecbucs

Tonight's game 6/12

Post by Ecbucs »

just got home and see that Taillon did great. Nice to have him back.

JHay is having a great season.
skinnyhorse

Tonight's game 6/12

Post by skinnyhorse »

775150475141320 wrote: just got home and see that Taillon did great.  Nice to have him back.

He really is he looks like the jhay of a couple of years ago. He's getting walks just can't believe it, and that makes a big difference. Cutch even looks like he's back for real. Now that Watson has been demoted we might even go on a little run here. We've been scoring runs and Diaz really looks good. Just hope he get to keep catching even after Cervelli comes back, he's been key to run production lately.
rucker59@gmail.com

Tonight's game 6/12

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

3A222027273021263B3A2C490 wrote: just got home and see that Taillon did great.  Nice to have him back.

He really is he looks like the jhay of a couple of years ago.  He's getting walks just can't believe it, and that makes a big difference.  Cutch even looks like he's back for real.  Now that Watson has been demoted we might even go on a little run here.  We've been scoring runs and Diaz really looks good.  Just hope he get to keep catching even after Cervelli comes back, he's been key to run production lately.

With Cutch looking better and better and JHay playing really good ball, maybe there's a bit of hope?

Taillion and Nova, hopefully Cole can figure something out plus one more from someone in the mix - could be a decent rotation to go along with an improving lineup.

The division is so out of wack.... Maybe there is the slightest ray of Hope?
steve49

Tonight's game 6/12

Post by steve49 »

6B737176766170776A6B7D180 wrote: just got home and see that Taillon did great.  Nice to have him back.

He really is he looks like the jhay of a couple of years ago.  He's getting walks just can't believe it, and that makes a big difference.  Cutch even looks like he's back for real.  Now that Watson has been demoted we might even go on a little run here.  We've been scoring runs and Diaz really looks good.  Just hope he get to keep catching even after Cervelli comes back, he's been key to run production lately.

Is it my imagination or is J Hay much trimmer this year ?
Tintin

Tonight's game 6/12

Post by Tintin »

Nothing has gone right this season. I feel like the team has been playing under a dark cloud.

I'm hoping that this Taillon story will inspire the guys and we'll go on a little run.

The Bucs played a very businesslike game last night. All the starters except Moroff (who had a walk, a run scored and a sac fly) had a hit.

And the pitching while getting hit, only gave up two xbh's while bending but not breaking. If feel like most of the season, our guys give up 4-5 runs in a that type of game.

Very pleased with tonight and hope this is the tip of the iceberg.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Tonight's game 6/12

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

It's like Harrison plays better when he is moved all around. He is having a good season. Could he be an All Star? The Pirates could get three All Stars. Who would have thought that?
dmetz

Tonight's game 6/12

Post by dmetz »

49424A464342591C1A6D544C454242034E422D0 wrote: It's like Harrison plays better when he is moved all around.  He is having a good season.  Could he be an All Star?  The Pirates could get three All Stars.  Who would have thought that?

I think he has a case for being an All-star.   JHay's peripheral game is very strong.  Running, defense (though having bobbles at times).

It's always that his offense is so Avg dependent that makes or breaks him.  his walk rate this year is literally DOUBLE what it's been over his career.   He's slugging well now too, which may be a result of seeing better pitches since he's being more selective.    

He's definitely having a very nice first half. 
SammyKhalifa

Tonight's game 6/12

Post by SammyKhalifa »

666F677678020 wrote:

It's always that his offense is so Avg dependent that makes or breaks him.  his walk rate this year is literally DOUBLE what it's been over his career.    He's slugging well now too, which may be a result of seeing better pitches since he's being more selective.    

and he's gotten plunked like a dozen times.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Tonight's game 6/12

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

His power numbers are up too. He had 8 HRs total the last two years. He has 8 HR already this year. His doubles are up too. He has only grounded into one double play too.

So far, he has surpassed his HR total from the last two years and his walk total is almost the same as last year and 2015.