Three stars: 4-7-15 vs. Braves

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

I'm a fan of bringing back the three stars threads when the Bucs win. Here are my choices:

3. Cervelli 1-4 with a homer and a walk, good game behind the dish

2. McCutchen 3-4 with a walk and an RBI, nice catch out in RF to save a run

1. Nova 6 IP, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 Ks; he was dealing.

I realize it's only three games, but I'm very encouraged by our starting pitching so far. Total line through three games:

18 IP, 5 R, 5 ER, 18 H, 4 BB, 12 Ks, 2.50 ERA

Again, only three games. But encouraging nonetheless.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

3. Clutch

2. Nova

1. Josh Bell
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

My picks:

3.  The Keystone Combo - Mercer and JHay for some outstanding defense in times of great need.  They saved Nova and the bullpen for sure.

2.  Cutch - despite his 8th inning gaff of not catching the liner hit toward him, his bat came alive to key the offense.

1.  Nova - What can I say about his performance?  Outstanding!!!  His work with the bags jammed and 3-0 on Phillips in the 4th and with runners on 2nd & 3rd he got him with a big K.  Seems to me this is the guy who Geritt Cole should be trying to emulate when he gets in a jam.

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

I have to agree with Possum about our SS and 2nd base - that was an amazing and huge DP.

3) Cervelli

2) Mercer/Harrison

1) Super Nova Indeed!
PMike

Post by PMike »

1. Cutch - everything was hit hard. I went to pick up the kids when he dropped the ball in RF, so it didn't count for me!

2. Nova - on a team of young throwers, he is a quintessential pitcher

3. Freese - They just scored and he answered back. This could have been the turning point in the game.

Honorable Mention - Hudson for getting the ground ball DP and getting out of a bad spot.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

No love for Marte? He knocked in two runs. He almost had two outfield assists too.