Meadows

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Meadows

Post by Bobster21 »

Meadows is doing better than I realized. I've been seeing a very low BA but that was largely due to beginning the season 1 for 21. For the month of May he's hitting .299 and is currently in an 11 for 26 streak (.423). So while his season average of .251 doesn't look great he's currently a much better hitter than that would suggest. But he's only got 3 HRs. But then Frazier wasn't hitting HRs in the minors either. Maybe a 2nd half call up for Meadows is a realistic possibility.
skinnyhorse

Meadows

Post by skinnyhorse »

230E03121504135350610 wrote: Meadows is doing better than I realized. I've been seeing a very low BA but that was largely due to beginning the season 1 for 21. For the month of May he's hitting .299 and is currently in an 11 for 26 streak (.423). So while his season average of .251 doesn't look great he's currently a much better hitter than that would suggest. But he's only got 3 HRs. But then Frazier wasn't hitting HRs in the minors either. Maybe a 2nd half call up for Meadows is a realistic possibility. 
This is very good news, and another reason not to acquire another outfielder by trading off talent.
Bobster21

Meadows

Post by Bobster21 »

Meadows is now at .262 after going 3 for 4 yesterday. BA for May is now .317 and he's 14 for his last 30 (.467). :D
RichD

Meadows

Post by RichD »

Im glad the kid started off struggling. He needed to get that under his belt and work his way out of.Which he seems to be doing.

Bucs have moved him through fast without a lot of games played.

I dont want to see him come up this year .Maybe a few sept . at bats to get a taste.He needs a full season at AAA and then a half season next year.