Official Game Thread - 8/9 - Bucs @ Dodgers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster

Re: Official Game Thread - 8/9 - Bucs @ Dodgers

Post by Bobster »

Surgnbuck wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 5:09 am Sorry Bobster, but Brault and his muppet voice is torture to take for a full game, it's bad enough when him and his fellow muppet McKenry do the pre and post game shows. I wish they would have had Rob King fill in again.
I'm also surprised Rob King wasn't the fill-in. Maybe he had other commitments and traveling to LA was not possible. I only saw the first 4 innings. Brault's voice is certainly not what we're accustomed to but not much different from some other broadcasters I've heard. OTOH, Joe Block has a great voice for broadcasting but his style is so annoying that it would be hard to find someone who isn't better, regardless of how they sound. And I thought it was refreshing to have the broadcast without the usual shenanigans that Brown subjects us to. At least in the 4 innings I saw.

I think it's surprising that the inexperienced Bault made his PBP debut on the higher profile TV broadcast instead of the radio side. Joe Block could have done the TV while Brown was away. That makes me hope that this was as much an audition for Brault as it was a substitute for Brown. I recall last year they had Jordy Mercer as a guest in the booth for a few innings one night. They had him talking so much that I wondered if it might be an audition. Then they hired him as a studio analyst this season. So if there's any chance they could be considering replacing Joe Block, I'm all for it! :)
There's no basement in the Alamo.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Bobster wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 1:23 pm
Surgnbuck wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 5:09 am Sorry Bobster, but Brault and his muppet voice is torture to take for a full game, it's bad enough when him and his fellow muppet McKenry do the pre and post game shows. I wish they would have had Rob King fill in again.
I'm also surprised Rob King wasn't the fill-in. Maybe he had other commitments and traveling to LA was not possible. I only saw the first 4 innings. Brault's voice is certainly not what we're accustomed to but not much different from some other broadcasters I've heard. OTOH, Joe Block has a great voice for broadcasting but his style is so annoying that it would be hard to find someone who isn't better, regardless of how they sound. And I thought it was refreshing to have the broadcast without the usual shenanigans that Brown subjects us to. At least in the 4 innings I saw.

I think it's surprising that the inexperienced Bault made his PBP debut on the higher profile TV broadcast instead of the radio side. Joe Block could have done the TV while Brown was away. That makes me hope that this was as much an audition for Brault as it was a substitute for Brown. I recall last year they had Jordy Mercer as a guest in the booth for a few innings one night. They had him talking so much that I wondered if it might be an audition. Then they hired him as a studio analyst this season. So if there's any chance they could be considering replacing Joe Block, I'm all for it! :)
FYI Rob King was recently hired as the Steelers radio voice so he was announcing their game last night on their radio network.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Surgnbuck wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 5:22 am Oh, btw, the Pirates struck out 16 times tonight, and were 2-12 RISP.
That is too many strikeouts.They need some players who can put the ball in play.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Surgnbuck wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 5:09 am OTOH, Joe Block has a great voice for broadcasting but his style is so annoying that it would be hard to find someone who isn't better, regardless of how they sound. And I thought it was refreshing to have the broadcast without the usual shenanigans that Brown subjects us to. At least in the 4 innings I saw.

So if there's any chance they could be considering replacing Joe Block, I'm all for it! :)
On this we agree. I'll listen to the muppet gladly over Block
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Surgnbuck wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 3:55 pm
Surgnbuck wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 5:09 am OTOH, Joe Block has a great voice for broadcasting but his style is so annoying that it would be hard to find someone who isn't better, regardless of how they sound. And I thought it was refreshing to have the broadcast without the usual shenanigans that Brown subjects us to. At least in the 4 innings I saw.

So if there's any chance they could be considering replacing Joe Block, I'm all for it! :)
On this we agree. I'll listen to the muppet gladly over Block
:) :) :)
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

PooperScooper ! wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 11:57 am 16K last night and it was 15k a few days ago vs Pads :( Thats bad, but the team is scoring.
The team may be scoring but the team is losing