Trade Deadline Deals

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Doc

Re: Trade Deadline Deals

Post by Doc »

icantwatch2 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:13 pm Went to a Curve game today. The offensive lineup was sketchy at best. After 6 innings I thought “there is not a single hitter here that I could project as a ML hitter.” Score stood at 7-0 for Richmond. Curve offensive highlight through 6 was 400 ft foul ball by Cimillo. Curve then scored 7 runs with a bunch of singles. Ended up winning 9-7 amazingly. Still I see no offensive help at Altoona, and that worries me. While I’m not sure McAdoo will ever be a quality hitter for a big league club, watching today’s game, it was hard to see that bat go.
It seems there are few, if any, power bats throughout the system. The concentration on drafting pitching has the org top heavy at that position, so trading arms for bats I guess is the plan. I’d really like to see a young, power hitting first baseman be acquired before next year. There has to be one somewhere who’s being blocked.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

PooperScooper ! wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 6:33 pm I like the move. Yorke could be in the mix next season with McAdoo. BC turning his attention to bats, let see what happens.

I hope the Pirates give Yorke some playing time this season, but with IKF being acquired it could be difficult. Yorke appears to be the type of player who walks, and gets his share of hits, without home run power. For us older posters, maybe a lot like the type of players in the 60s , 70s, and 80s. Maybe a type of player like Gene Alley, or Freddie Patek.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Two of the lesser trades the Pirates made last week were for Nick Yorke, and Billy Cook. It has only been a handful at bats for both players at AAA, but both have been very successful. I know there is a big difference between the MLB and the Minors, but the Pirates should bring both players up, and send down Bae, and Triolo. There have been too many games this year that if the Pirates would have added on to their lead, they would probably be challenging the Brewers for first place in the Central. Their starting pitching has been superb, but they need to score more runs.
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

fjk090852-7 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:00 pm Two of the lesser trades the Pirates made last week were for Nick Yorke, and Billy Cook. It has only been a handful at bats for both players at AAA, but both have been very successful. I know there is a big difference between the MLB and the Minors, but the Pirates should bring both players up, and send down Bae, and Triolo. There have been too many games this year that if the Pirates would have added on to their lead, they would probably be challenging the Brewers for first place in the Central. Their starting pitching has been superb, but they need to score more runs.
[/quo

Cook, the guy seems really interesting. Maybe a Giles type? Wouldn't that be great, just to catch a bat at the right time and he mashes for the next 4.5 years. Why not ?