Pirate Trade Rumor

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

steve 49

Pirate Trade Rumor

Post by steve 49 »

From MLB .com

Jazz Chisholm Jr. is one of the more interesting position players who is likely to move by the end of the month. The Yankees, Royals and Mariners have all been linked to Miami’s center fielder/second baseman. The Pirates have also been loosely floated as a potential Chisholm fit.

Craig Mish of the Miami Herald and SportsGrid appeared on 93.7 The Fan this afternoon (YouTube link, beginning around 9:27). Mish said that Pittsburgh and Miami have indeed discussed Chisholm, though he characterized those talks as “exploratory” in nature. According to Mish, a few teams other than Pittsburgh have expressed more serious interest to this point. While there’s clearly nothing imminent, Chisholm is on Pittsburgh’s radar to some extent as the Bucs look to add offense.
mouse

Re: Pirate Trade Rumor

Post by mouse »

Just watched him bat in a game with the Mets. He laid off a high outside pitch, then swung through three straight fastballs middle out or higher. 97 and 98 (missed the speed on the third) but he didn't look all that impressive.
mouse

Post by mouse »

And on his next at bat, he struck out on a pitch that bounced in the dirt before reaching the catcher.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Pirates wearing all black tonight, I love it
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

It appears that teams that are Sellers are just holding out until the best offer comes along. In my opinion if the Pirates wanted to acquire a position player with some team control that an offer of let’s say Ashcraft, Bae, and a lower minor league player could get a deal done. Possibly too, the Pirates have not made their best offer. If they haven’t, the sooner the better would be best. If they continue to play good baseball they will be playing meaningful games come September.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

There are only a handful of teams that were obvious sellers. There's two weeks post ASG. IMHO the teams sitting on the fence will be making their decisions based on how the team comes out of the gate their first two series.

The obvious buyers are just waiting for when a bunch more teams throw in the towel, and the asking prices come down.

The Pirates would be stupid to trade prospects for a rental. I hope they don't do something like that, unless it's some 17 year old in the DSL they give up.
Osushawn

Post by Osushawn »

Poll of MLB players named him as most overrated. I'll pass. Rather see them go after Rooker. Most likely we will see nothing done because they are winning recently so why spend the money.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

I was thinking the same thing. Right now the bucs are winning and PNC is packed.
Bob is saying " life is good, why change"?
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Surgnbuck wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:28 pm Pirates wearing all black tonight, I love it
It was awesome!! Hands down my favorite look for them.