Trades

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

PooperScooper !

Re: Trades

Post by PooperScooper ! »

Priester has to be in the convo I would think ? Throw in Hayes ;) and add Jack. Change of scenery Adell worth a flyer.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

PooperScooper ! wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:24 pm Priester has to be in the convo I would think ? Throw in Hayes ;) and add Jack. Change of scenery Adell worth a flyer.
I don't think you'll get much for that trio. If you were the GM of another team, would you give up much to acquire them?
There's no basement in the Alamo.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Taylor Ward??????????????????? Talk he is coming to us?????????????????
3pirates3

Post by 3pirates3 »

bucs607179 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:09 pm Taylor Ward??????????????????? Talk he is coming to us?????????????????
See previous posts.
Doc

Post by Doc »

After the All Star Break, the Pirates schedule gets tough. They have six games at home, three with the Phillies and three with the Cardinals, and then go on the road to play three against the D'Backs and three against the Astros. They need to average two wins in each series heading into Houston or there's little hope of them having a chance to make the playoffs.

The starting pitching has a decent chance of making it happen, especially if Jones is okay. Adding two legit outfield bats that are better than what we have today (which isn't a big hurdle) just may be enough. Heck, through half the year the team has been competitive enough to still be hanging around. Those two additional bats just might make the difference.

There's only one man who can make it happen. Will he allow his GM to acquire those two players? I'm imagining have it taking a sweep of the White Sox this weekend, and then winning eight of the first nine after the Break for Nutting to give the okay and, even then, I'd be blown away.