The Departed

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Wildwoodcoach

Re: The Departed

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Was saddened to hear about the death of Orlando Cepeda. Ironic that he and
Willie Mays who both played for the Giants died a few weeks apart. Have a fond of
Cepeda. My wife somehow got front row Box seats at Forbes Field for my birthday and we both went to
the game. While Cepeda was going after a foul ball he reached over the railing and whacked
Carol in the head. Carol yelled, " hey watch the hell your doing". He got a big laugh out of it.
He then became one of her favorite players.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:08 pm Was saddened to hear about the death of Orlando Cepeda. Ironic that he and
Willie Mays who both played for the Giants died a few weeks apart. Have a fond of
Cepeda. My wife somehow got front row Box seats at Forbes Field for my birthday and we both went to
the game. While Cepeda was going after a foul ball he reached over the railing and whacked
Carol in the head. Carol yelled, " hey watch the hell your doing". He got a big laugh out of it.
You didn't take one for the team?
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Surgnbuck wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:52 pm
Wildwoodcoach wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:08 pm Was saddened to hear about the death of Orlando Cepeda. Ironic that he and
Surgnbuck wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:52 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: this is from Carol
3pirates3

Post by 3pirates3 »

Doc

Post by Doc »

Raul Mondesi, who walked out on his Pirates teammates (there's nothing worse one can do than that in a team sport), was sentenced to nearly seven years in jail for embezzlement of over $507,000 while mayor of the city of San Cristobal in the Dominican. I hope he stubs his toe when he gets out of bed every morning while in jail.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Doc wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:01 pm Raul Mondesi, who walked out on his Pirates teammates (there's nothing worse one can do than that in a team sport), was sentenced to nearly seven years in jail for embezzlement of over $507,000 while mayor of the city of San Cristobal in the Dominican. I hope he stubs his toe when he gets out of bed every morning while in jail.
His sentence has already been completed, they counted his time under house arrest as serving the sentence.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Surgnbuck wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:13 pm
Doc wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:01 pm Raul Mondesi, who walked out on his Pirates teammates (there's nothing worse one can do than that in a team sport), was sentenced to nearly seven years in jail for embezzlement of over $507,000 while mayor of the city of San Cristobal in the Dominican. I hope he stubs his toe when he gets out of bed every morning while in jail.
His sentence has already been completed, they counted his time under house arrest as serving the sentence.
Then I hope he has a toothache every day for the rest of his life.
3pirates3

Post by 3pirates3 »

Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Jerry Walker as traded by the Orioles (with Chuck Essegian) to KC in 1961 for a couple of Dicks. Dick Williams, who would become a HOF manager and reliever Dick Hall, who would be a mainstay in the Orioles bullpen for many years. KC had acquired Hall a year earlier in the trade that brought Hal Smith to the Pirates.
There's no basement in the Alamo.