DH M. Ozuna R
1B Matt Olson L
3B Austin Riley R
RF Adam Duvall R
C Sean Murphy R
SS O. Arcia R
LF L. Williams R
SP S. Schwellenbach R

Here we go again. Falter will need to live up to his name and not falter given the haphazard the Shelty in going with today. I think he should be committed to Western Psyc for a long time.
Let's Go Bucs
JollyRoger8

Re: Official Game Thread - 6/30 - Bucs @ Braves

Post by JollyRoger8 »

After painfully watching the slide that Oliveras made at home plate in the 10th inning; it reminded me of the of the most painful Pirate defeat 32 years ago. If only there had been challenges and instant replay back then the Pirates would have gone onto the World Series.
Of course I am talking about the Sid Bream slide. Oliveras was called out because his front leg which clearly crossed the plate before the tag, never made contact with the plate. When he hit the ground to slide his front leg popped up and was tagged before his knee on the rear leg crossed the plate.
I have watched that Sid Bream slide too many times to remember and if you look closely you can see that there is a shadow under Bream’s front leg when he slid, indicating the leg did not make contact with home plate before he was tagged.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Let's Go Bucs!!!@

Bart up, Delay down.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

JollyRoger8 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:23 pm After painfully watching the slide that Oliveras made at home plate in the 10th inning; it reminded me of the of the most painful Pirate defeat 32 years ago. If only there had been challenges and instant replay back then the Pirates would have gone onto the World Series.
Of course I am talking about the Sid Bream slide. Oliveras was called out because his front leg which clearly crossed the plate before the tag, never made contact with the plate. When he hit the ground to slide his front leg popped up and was tagged before his knee on the rear leg crossed the plate.
I have watched that Sid Bream slide too many times to remember and if you look closely you can see that there is a shadow under Bream’s front leg when he slid, indicating the leg did not make contact with home plate before he was tagged.
Well to be fair if Bream is out, it only means extra innings. No guarantee the Bucs still win. If Lind fields a routine double play ball, they go. Lind doesn't get enough flack for that game IMHO, people just want to pile on Bonds
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Looks like Suwinski will keep getting put out there. I feel bad for the guy honestly. It has to be painful. All we can do is hope for a modest rebound.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

I guess that's the Braves announcer doing the PBP with Capps. What an improvement over the comedy stylings of Brown or the lecturing of Block. Capps isn't bad as an analyst when he's not yukking it up with Brown.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Possum

Post by Possum »

Don't care how dumb Wildwood thinks Cruz is, I still like is power. 2-1 Bucs.
Let's Go Bucs
Possum

Post by Possum »

Rowdy does the unexpected thing with a 2 run shot. 4-1 good guys.
Let's Go Bucs
Possum

Post by Possum »

Does Faltery go 6? :?:
Let's Go Bucs
JollyRoger8

Post by JollyRoger8 »

Surgnbuck wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:06 pm Looks like Suwinski will keep getting put out there. I feel bad for the guy honestly. It has to be painful. All we can do is hope for a modest rebound.
That’s true. I forgot about that Lind error.
Also IIRC, Belinda was screwed by the umps on a strikeout that would have meant that Cabrera would never have come to the plate.