The old Nova showing up today.  6 IP 1 H 6 K 0 BB 80 Pitches
johnfluharty

Bucs vs Redss 9/16

Post by johnfluharty »

... and he leaves with some kind of injury
INbuc

Bucs vs Redss 9/16

Post by INbuc »

He did look better today. Velocity seemed up, location better, and breaking pitches sharp. I bashed him recently but he looked crisp most of the game.
johnfluharty

Bucs vs Redss 9/16

Post by johnfluharty »

Something minor apparently.
INbuc

Bucs vs Redss 9/16

Post by INbuc »

The pitching was solid today the offense was offensive again. Somebody needs to clean up Polanco's ginormous swing. He has now struck out more times than Manny Sanguillan did in 13 years. It is beautiful when it works, which isn't often enough. If he could compact it some I bet he could become a .280 hitter and launch more HRs just through his natural power.
notes34

Bucs vs Redss 9/16

Post by notes34 »

6C6B475046250 wrote: The pitching was solid today the offense was offensive again.  Somebody needs to clean up Polanco's ginormous swing.  He has now struck out more times than Manny Sanguillan did in 13 years.  It is beautiful when it works, which isn't often enough.  If he could compact it some I bet he could become a .280 hitter and launch more HRs just through his natural power.
He has only been able to shorten his swing for one very small amount of time last season. His swing will never produce consistently at the MLB level. It will not happen. My son works with a professional hitting instructor that is a student of Perry Husband. We were recently discussing the Pirates OF. I was of course critical of Polanco, they both agreed. He pulled up some video of Polanco and compared it to some of the best hitters in the game, its not even remotely close! He needs to be packaged soon. If he stays past this offseason I don't think you will get much of a return. His value is all perceived potential and a friendly deal, the longer you wait the less likely someone sees the potential.