Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

4/11 game rained out

Post by DemDog »

93.7 The fan just announced.
SteadyFreddy

4/11 game rained out

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Hopefully Quintana still pitches tomorrow for the opener and most of the starters get the start for the home opener. I’d imagine they all will although with Shelton you never know.
SammyKhalifa

4/11 game rained out

Post by SammyKhalifa »

BOOOOO
WildwoodDave2

4/11 game rained out

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

61465753564B74405756564B320 wrote: Hopefully Quintana still pitches tomorrow for the opener and most of the starters get the start for the home opener. I’d imagine they all will although with Shelton you never know.
Sorry Freddy. Just announced that Thompson will start the home

opener. Quintana won't pitch until the finale against the Nats on Sunday
fjk090852-7

4/11 game rained out

Post by fjk090852-7 »

1E20252D3E26262D0D283F2C7B490 wrote: Hopefully Quintana still pitches tomorrow for the opener and most of the starters get the start for the home opener. I’d imagine they all will although with Shelton you never know.
Sorry Freddy. Just announced that Thompson will start the home

opener. Quintana won't pitch until the finale against the Nats on Sunday
Jason Mackey is reporting Quintana will start the Opener and Thompson will pitch on Wednesday.
fjk090852-7

4/11 game rained out

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I am glad the game got canceled because I was disappointed that Tucker was starting, and Castillo was on the bench. Castillo needs to play because he appears he is a very good hitter.
fjk090852-7

4/11 game rained out

Post by fjk090852-7 »

The game today will be made up on June 14th as a split DH. Who knows some of the Young Bucs such as Cruz should be on the roster at that time, which should make the team a little stronger against the Cards.

CarolinaBucco

4/11 game rained out

Post by CarolinaBucco »

The Pirates next 19 games are brutal.

It'll be a minor miracle if we get 5 wins during this stretch.

This stretch would be difficult for any time.

But when you're trying to do it with LITERALLY ZERO MLB CALIBER STARTING PITCHERS, well it's almost impossible.
Bobster21

4/11 game rained out

Post by Bobster21 »

070B0A5158515954534C56610 wrote: I am glad the game got canceled because I was disappointed that Tucker was starting, and Castillo was on the bench. Castillo needs to play because he appears he is a very good hitter.
It's the usual Shelton philosophy. A good game earns you a seat a on the bench. It makes a sense for a manager whose primary goal seems to be resting his players. He seems to prioritize not playing above all else. So his ultimate reward for playing well is to not have to play. Until Shelton came along I always thought McClendon was then worst manager I ever saw. But Shelton has surpassed him.
steve49

4/11 game rained out

Post by steve49 »

1A373A2B2C3D2A6A69580 wrote: I am glad the game got canceled because I was disappointed that Tucker was starting, and Castillo was on the bench. Castillo needs to play because he appears he is a very good hitter.
It's the usual Shelton philosophy. A good game earns you a seat a on the bench. It makes a sense for a manager whose primary goal seems to be resting his players. He seems to prioritize not playing above all else. So his ultimate reward for playing well is to not have to play. Until Shelton came along I always thought McClendon was then worst manager I ever saw. But Shelton has surpassed him.

Like I said before , Castillo will start vs LHP and get an occasional start vs righties. This is how Sheldon shows he's smarter than us fans. The man is an idiot. You'll see similar mismanagement with Bednar. If we keep this moron , the best 2022 move would be to trade Bender.