Crowe In The Bullpen

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Crowe In The Bullpen

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Wil Crowe has looked real good so far coming out of the bullpen for the Pirates. It is way early, but as a longtime Pirates fan, I recall that originally Dave Guisti was a starting pitcher, but Danny Murtaugh switched him to the bullpen. Guisti was very successful coming out of the bullpen with his famous palm ball. If Crowe could become a set up pitcher for Bednar,or Stratton that would make a very interesting back end of the bullpen for the Pirates.
Bobster21

Crowe In The Bullpen

Post by Bobster21 »

True, but Giusti was a very good SP for a number of years with Houston. Crowe has yet to establish himself as a good pitcher. But we can hope.
DemDog

Crowe In The Bullpen

Post by DemDog »

5A777A6B6C7D6A2A29180 wrote: True, but Giusti was a very good SP for a number of years with Houston. Crowe has yet to establish himself as a good pitcher. But we can hope.

Guisti was a very good SP on some very bad Houston team.
Bobster21

Crowe In The Bullpen

Post by Bobster21 »

715058715A52350 wrote: True, but Giusti was a very good SP for a number of years with Houston. Crowe has yet to establish himself as a good pitcher. But we can hope.

Yes. But when Giusti or Cuellar pitched, you knew it would be a tough game.
DemDog

Crowe In The Bullpen

Post by DemDog »

537E73626574632320110 wrote: True, but Giusti was a very good SP for a number of years with Houston. Crowe has yet to establish himself as a good pitcher. But we can hope.

I hate to quote Lanny Frattare but "there's no doubt about it" when Giusti and Cuellar pitched.
WildwoodDave2

Crowe In The Bullpen

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

0B2A220B20284F0 wrote: True, but Giusti was a very good SP for a number of years with Houston. Crowe has yet to establish himself as a good pitcher. But we can hope.

I hate to quote Lanny Frattare but "there's no doubt about it" when Giusti and Cuellar pitched.
Looking back at last year, Crowe seemed to be good early int eh game and then faltered. Maybe he and Bednar could be a good 1-2 punch
Ecbucs

Crowe In The Bullpen

Post by Ecbucs »

457B7E76657D7D765673647720120 wrote: True, but Giusti was a very good SP for a number of years with Houston. Crowe has yet to establish himself as a good pitcher. But we can hope.

Looking back at last year, Crowe seemed to be good early int eh game and then faltered. Maybe he and Bednar could be a good 1-2 punch

Crowe, Stratton, Bednar could make a good bullpen. I have my fingers crossed. Crowe, as a reliever has looked a lot better than Crowe as a starter.

Maybe the Pirates only need 5 starters that can pitch 3 innings.