general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

mouse

Economic Issues?

Post by mouse »

Surgnbuck

Economic Issues?

Post by Surgnbuck »

MLB is not going to help Ballys/Sinclair/Diamond out of their problems.

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/mlb ... ott=CQS3U8

mouse

Economic Issues?

Post by mouse »

Of course, if Ballys/Sinclair/ etc. defaults, it becomes MLB's problem. Here is the latest. MLB is planning to take over the local broadcasts if the regional provider decides not to broadcast. But that actually *isn't* what the regional provider is suggesting. They mention broadcasting but simply not paying MLB for the contractual amount. Bankruptcy rules are murky at best and who can say what happens if they do that. But if the teams affected don't get the money they're anticipating, it could wreck some budgets. Fortunately, it's not the local network the Pirates are with.
3pirates3

Economic Issues?

Post by 3pirates3 »

SammyKhalifa

Economic Issues?

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Maybe this is what it will take for people to deal with how MLB TV contracts are what puts baseball behind all of the other major sports leagues.
mouse

Economic Issues?

Post by mouse »

It appears there are still issues. ESPN has an article today addressing MLB's contingency plans (https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/356 ... -pay-teams). It sounds as though some teams at least are not going to get the funds they expected to. This group doesn't handle the Pirates broadcasts but there may be trouble there as well. It looks as though changes will be coming.
GreenWeenie

Economic Issues?

Post by GreenWeenie »

7C4E42425664474E4346494E2F0 wrote: Maybe this is what it will take for people to deal with how MLB TV contracts are what puts baseball behind all of the other major sports leagues.

In what area is MLB "behind" the NHL?
2drfischer@gmail.c

Economic Issues?

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

“The committee will also examine revenue disparity among the franchises?” Yeah, right! The day the owners create equity among the franchises is the day I become the queen of England.
Surgnbuck

Economic Issues?

Post by Surgnbuck »

095F495D524858535E497B5C565A525715583B0 wrote: “The committee will also examine revenue disparity among the franchises?”  Yeah, right!  The day the owners create equity among the franchises is the day I become the queen of England.
You've already outlived her at least two lifetimes, so I'm certain you have a shot.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Economic Issues?

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

062027323B3720363E550 wrote: “The committee will also examine revenue disparity among the franchises?”  Yeah, right!  The day the owners create equity among the franchises is the day I become the queen of England.
You've already outlived her at least two lifetimes, so I'm certain you have a shot.

Come over here so I can whack you with my cane.