Minor Leagues - 2023 Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Here we go, the official sites for the Pirates minor league clubs for 2023.

AAA - Indianapolis

AA - Altoona Curve

High A - Greensboro Grasshopers

Low A - Bradenton Maurauders

That does it for all but the FC league teams and the Dominican Summer League.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

A few notable assignments today:

Henry Davis, Endy Rodriguez to High-A Greensboro.

Nick Gonzales, Quinn Priester, Liover Peguero, Jared Triolo, Matt Frasier, Jack Suwinski and Tucupita Marcano, Mike Burrows, Carmen Mlodzinski and Tahnaj Thomas, Emmanuel Mejia to Altoona.

Oneil Cruz, Roansy Contreras, Mason Martin to AAA.

Altoona looks stacked.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

A good night for the Minors. A combined no hitter at Indy. Cruz with an RBI, couple hits for Cal Mitchell. At Altoona Nick Gonzales with a couple hits, and at Greensboro Henry Davis with a couple hits tonight. It is interesting to see how the players in the Minors are doing each night.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I didn't realize Tucupita Marcano had been sent all the way down to AA. That's a major backwards step for a guy who got some playing time in the majors with San Diego.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

55737461686473656D060 wrote: I didn't realize Tucupita Marcano had been sent all the way down to AA.  That's a major backwards step for a guy who got some playing time in the majors with San Diego.
Marcano had never played above A-ball when he made the SD opening day roster last year after a hot ST and when injuries opened up a spot. But he only started 9 games and was sent to AAA, skipping AA. The Pirates kept him in AAA where he struggled. At this point they feel he can get more PT at Altoona and would benefit from facing AA pithing, which he previously skipped.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

785558494E5F48080B3A0 wrote: A few notable assignments today:

Henry Davis, Endy Rodriguez to High-A Greensboro.

Nick Gonzales, Quinn Priester, Liover Peguero, Jared Triolo, Matt Frasier, Jack Suwinski and Tucupita Marcano, Mike Burrows, Carmen Mlodzinski and Tahnaj Thomas, Emmanuel Mejia to Altoona.

Oneil Cruz, Roansy Contreras, Mason Martin to AAA.

Altoona looks stacked.
Maybe a road trip to Altoona this Summer. Would be nice if some of the members could go
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

4F626F7E79687F3F3C0D0 wrote: I didn't realize Tucupita Marcano had been sent all the way down to AA.  That's a major backwards step for a guy who got some playing time in the majors with San Diego.
Marcano had never played above A-ball when he made the SD opening day roster last year after a hot ST and when injuries opened up a spot. But he only started 9 games and was sent to AAA, skipping AA. The Pirates kept him in AAA where he struggled. At this point they feel he can get more PT at Altoona and would benefit from facing AA pithing, which he previously skipped.
Has anyone been checking on the production or lack thereof,

of O'Neil Cruz?
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

That's a No No
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

6F51545C4F57575C7C594E5D0A380 wrote: I didn't realize Tucupita Marcano had been sent all the way down to AA.  That's a major backwards step for a guy who got some playing time in the majors with San Diego.
Has anyone been checking on the production or lack thereof,

of O'Neil Cruz?
He is hitting .250 with two doubles , a triple and 3 rbi. I would think by months end he will have a few homers. I think he needs this time at Indy, so when he arrives in Pittsburgh he is here to stay.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

In 9 games at Indy, Mason Martin is hitting .400 (14 for 35) with 5 2Bs, 3 3Bs and 2 HRs and just 9 Ks.