6. Triston Casas (L) 1B

7. Enrique Hernandez (R) SS

8. Reese McGuire (L) C

9. Yu Chang (R) 2B

Nick Pivetta (R) SP
Bobster21

Official Game Thread - 4/4 - Buc @ BoSox

Post by Bobster21 »

I wonder what the penalty would be for using the same lineup 2 days in a row. Must be pretty severe. ;)
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I know it’s against everything the Pirates do but why not call Endy up for a week and give him a chance to play and just see what happens. I’d rather see him up at this point getting at bats over Heineman. At some point this has to stop and the Pirates need to just call these guys up and let them play.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

55726367627F40746362627F060 wrote: I know it’s against everything the Pirates do but why not call Endy up for a week and give him a chance to play and just see what happens. I’d rather see him up at this point getting at bats over Heineman. At some point this has to stop and the Pirates need to just call these guys up and let them play.
What is the date that when they are called up, it doesn't count

for the present year as far as team control is concerned. (hope that makes sense}
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Bae 2 run homer over the Green Monster- good bye Castro

23-1 bucs
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

06383D35263E3E351530273463510 wrote: I know it’s against everything the Pirates do but why not call Endy up for a week and give him a chance to play and just see what happens. I’d rather see him up at this point getting at bats over Heineman. At some point this has to stop and the Pirates need to just call these guys up and let them play.

for the present year as far as team control is concerned. (hope that makes sense}
It's not a date, but rather the length of time on the roster. When a player remains on the MLB roster for at least 172 of the 187 calendar days of the season, it counts as a service year. So if they expect to call up a player and keep him the rest of the season, they need to wait until the 17th calendar day of the season (i.e., 16 calendar days NOT on the roster) to prevent it from being counted as a service year. But if they only want to call him up for a brief period, the date they call him up doesn't make any difference.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

577A77666170672724150 wrote: I know it’s against everything the Pirates do but why not call Endy up for a week and give him a chance to play and just see what happens. I’d rather see him up at this point getting at bats over Heineman. At some point this has to stop and the Pirates need to just call these guys up and let them play.

It's not a date, but rather the length of time on the roster. When a player remains on the MLB roster for at least 172 of the 187 calendar days of the season, it counts as a service year. So if they expect to call up a player and keep him the rest of the season, they need to wait until the 17th calendar day of the season (i.e., 16 calendar days NOT on the roster) to prevent it from being counted as a service year. But if they only want to call him up for a brief period, the date they call him up doesn't make any difference.
Thank you!
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Reynolds blast- open your wallet Bob. 3-1 bucs
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

734D4840534B4B406045524116240 wrote: Reynolds blast- open your wallet Bob. 3-1 bucs
As usual no one on :-/
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Reynolds on fire - Double