Official 2022 Pirates Owner/Front Office Bitching Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Gentlemen,

I have decided to start this thread so that we can keep the bitching and moaning about Nutting, BC, and whomever in the front office needs to hear our fan-based bitches and complaints.

This will be a no-holds-barred thread other than breaking the rules about taking shots at posters who disagree with your comments.

Have some fun guys bitching and moaning because you all deserve to do it.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I'll start by letting Geroge Costanza's father address Pirates management.

WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

5A777A6B6C7D6A2A29180 wrote: I'll start by letting Geroge Costanza's father address Pirates management.

Did you see my Ke'Bryan Hayes announcement?
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

All I have to say is this:

BOB seems like a good guy. I wouldn't know. Never met him. He must be a fantastic newspaper owner. I wouldn't know. I don't think I've ever read one of his publications. He sure doesn't cut it as a major league level professional baseball franchise owner. Some people aren't meant for some lines of work.

If a franchise like this is worth into the billions, imagine what a lousy one would be worth. What a country.
BenM

Post by BenM »

271205050E3705050E0905600 wrote: All I have to say is this:

He must be a fantastic newspaper owner. 

Unless you own the Washington Post, New York Times, or the Wall Street Journal, newspapers are a dying business. That is why I think he is so committed to keeping the Pirates. He makes his priorities clear on the page for The Nutting Company.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

True. I probably should've said that he must be a good media guy. He owns magazine companies, too. I think Grit is or was one. Stuff I've never read.

He's a lousy MLB owner, and from what family, friends, and some business owners tell me, not any better at owning resorts.

The Galbraiths sold when they foresaw the direction that MLB ownership was going. I can only hope that he will do the same.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

Reading Cherington's remarks about how much he likes Shelton and what a great job he is doing makes me sick. Statements like this just makes me convinced we have once again got a horrible GM. Anyone who thinks Shelton is doing a great job is delusional barring on insanity. I've seen enough of this guy he's had three years to start turning it around and as far as I can see the Pirates organization is worse off than the day he took over. It's sooooo frustrating to think we have once again failed to choose a competent GM. Such ridiculous statements are proof positive he needs to be gone along with his buddy Shelton.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

736B696E6E79686F727365000 wrote: Reading Cherington's remarks about how much he likes Shelton and what a great job he is doing makes me sick.  Statements like this just makes me convinced we have once again got a horrible GM.  Anyone who thinks Shelton is doing a great job is delusional barring on insanity.  I've seen enough of this guy he's had three years to start turning it around and as far as I can see the Pirates organization is worse off than the day he took over.  It's sooooo frustrating to think we have once again failed to choose a competent GM.   Such ridiculous statements are proof positive he needs to be gone along with his buddy Shelton.

What would you expect Cherington to say publicly about his employee? Would you expect him to say the same things said about Shelton on this board? Do you think that’s responsible? Would you think it appropriate for your boss to point out your mistakes in a newspaper or on television?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

435B595E5E49585F424355300 wrote: Reading Cherington's remarks about how much he likes Shelton and what a great job he is doing makes me sick.  Statements like this just makes me convinced we have once again got a horrible GM.  Anyone who thinks Shelton is doing a great job is delusional barring on insanity.  I've seen enough of this guy he's had three years to start turning it around and as far as I can see the Pirates organization is worse off than the day he took over.  It's sooooo frustrating to think we have once again failed to choose a competent GM.   Such ridiculous statements are proof positive he needs to be gone along with his buddy Shelton.
I can't argue with any of that. I've been patient with BC. I know rebuilds take time and involve a lot of losing along the way. But a lot of prospects have gotten a chance to contribute this year with almost no success. Only Castro (a Huntington acquisition) and Marcano have shown signs of life. So BC told us his team is making progress that we just can't see. Great! Sounds like he's in the running for exec of the year for all that invisible progress. Just about all of the prospects he's been counting on are failing and his choice as manager has been a clueless embarrassment. I thought that was BC's biggest mistake. But rather than seeing the mistake and correcting it, BC says the imbecile will return next year. That says a lot. Because no team that wants to improve would let Shelton anywhere near the dugout. If it doesn't matter that the manager is hopelessly incompetent, then BC doesn't really expect any significant improvement.