OBN on the verge of shutdown

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

I received an email from Pirate Nut who arranges the web hosting for OBN and he told me that software we are using is very old and is no longer going to be supported by any web-hosting service. He has provided me with some info about another modern forum-type software that he thinks can be used. The new software may allow us to just transfer out current files into the new format. It is not 100% guaranteed to work though.

Pirate Nut expects the cost of this to be a 500 one-time fee. OBN needs your financial help in raising the cash. If you can help please post your willingness to do so below. I will be in touch by private message to discuss the amount.

I talked with Bobster about this and he has asked me to find out if there is anyone on the board who has the computer skills to work on maintaining the site once the change is done. Anyone with those skills can state such in a reply below.

All donations will need to be made through PayPal to my PayPal account. We need to get this done asap if not sooner.

Thanks for your support folks, I hope some of you can continue to support OBN in a monetary way.

2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

I'll help, Possum, but with a donation only. Anytime I have a computer situation, I have to call in the nearest 14-year old.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Not a big user of this board but am on another board dealing with Pittsburgh sports. Every year we have a fund drive. Same thing happened to us. The advance in technology makes things become obsolete way to soon.

I am willing to send a little but I do not use credit cards on the NET. I'm a gift card person. Pretty sure the BUCS don't have gift cards so I am wiling to send small amount cash to help out. I'd need an address.

BEAT EM BUCS!!!!!

Now for fun I'm throwing Wildwood Dave under the bus. The guys loaded and could pay the whole thing without batting an eye. He loves nothing more then talking baseball and our BUCS.

GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

I'm not as bad as Dave when it comes to computer skills- he's worse than VanMeter when it comes to that. But, I'm not good enough to take over responsibilities.

I'll kick in some as long as I can swing it. I started a job recently and need time to build things up a bit. You could say that I'm a LMG, so to speak. I feel more like a suspect.

Maybe we can talk Reynolds into taking care of it for us? Word has it that he's going to be coming into some money.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

I'll help with money.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

I'd be willing to contribute.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

4075626269506262696E62070 wrote: I'm not as bad as Dave when it comes to computer skills- he's worse than VanMeter when it comes to that.  But, I'm not good enough to take over responsibilities.

I'll kick in some as long as I can swing it.  I started a job recently and need time to build things up a bit.  You could say that I'm a LMG, so to speak.  I feel more like a suspect.

Maybe we can talk Reynolds into taking care of it for us?  Word has it that he's going to be coming into some money. 

That was funny! Hey, why not have the Players pay for it. The fans are the reason they have all those dollars.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

63424A634840270 wrote: I received an email from Pirate Nut who arranges the web hosting for OBN and he told me that software we are using is very old and is no longer going to be supported by any web-hosting service.  He has provided me with some info about another modern forum-type software that he thinks can be used.  The new software may allow us to just transfer out current files into the new format.  It is not 100% guaranteed to work though. 

Pirate Nut expects the cost of this to be a 500 one-time fee.  OBN needs your financial help in raising the cash.  If you can help please post your willingness to do so below.  I will be in touch by private message to discuss the amount.

I talked with Bobster about this and he has asked me to find out if there is anyone on the board who has the computer skills to work on maintaining the site once the change is done.  Anyone with those skills can state such in a reply below.

All donations will need to be made through PayPal to my PayPal account.  We need to get this done asap if not sooner.

Thanks for your support folks, I hope some of you can continue to support OBN in a monetary way.

I will help with a donation
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

I too will help with a donation. Unable to help on the computer skills end. No skills and my only internet service is my phone.
Javy

Post by Javy »

3B2C3A2A6F696E686E60590 wrote: Not a big user of this board but am on another board dealing with Pittsburgh sports. Every year we have a fund drive. Same thing happened to us. The advance in technology makes things become obsolete way to soon.

I am willing to send a little but I do not use credit cards on the NET. I'm a gift card person. Pretty sure the BUCS don't have gift cards so I am wiling to send small amount cash to help out. I'd need an address.

BEAT EM BUCS!!!!!

Now for fun I'm throwing Wildwood Dave under the bus. The guys loaded and could pay the whole thing without batting an eye. He loves nothing more then talking baseball and our BUCS.

Like Bucs, I also do not do credit card expenses on the net. Post an address to me in a personal note and I'm willing to help out with cash or a gift card.