6. Mitch Haniger (R) RF

7. Patrick Bailey (S) C

8. Casey Schmitt (R) SS

9. Brett Wisely (L) 2B

Alex Wood (L) SP
2drfischer@gmail.c

Official Game Thread - 5/31 - Bucs @ Giants

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

I think we can agree that Shelton’s line-up is a bit wanting today.  So watch our guys win by seven.  Baseball is weird.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Let's Go Bucs!!!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

0C5A4C58574D5D565B4C7E59535F5752105D3E0 wrote: I think we can agree that Shelton’s line-up is a bit wanting today.  So watch our guys win by seven.  Baseball is weird.
Well, with a LHP going for the Giants, I can see why this lineup. I'd certainly favor Marcano anyhow over Owings. Throw a coin in the air between Suwinski and Palacios, though I'd favor Palacios simply because we already know Suwinski doesn't hit lefties, and Palacios should get a chance to strike out three times in a game against one too. They brought him up, play him in these spots. Hedges is pretty much Keller's designated catcher.

Looks like they're just going to short themselves and keep Santana on the roster, basically giving him a 4 day blow. But if he's not ready for The Loo, then I say 15 day IL him, backdate to the last Seattle game, and bring up Triolo for the homestand.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

We really need the top 5 to come through today, as well as needing the stellar Keller pitching, not the meatball Mitch we saw in Seattle.
2drfischer@gmail.c

1B3D3A2F262A3D2B23480 wrote: I think we can agree that Shelton’s line-up is a bit wanting today.  So watch our guys win by seven.  Baseball is weird.
Well, with a LHP going for the Giants, I can see why this lineup. I'd certainly favor Marcano anyhow over Owings. Throw a coin in the air between Suwinski and Palacios, though I'd favor Palacios simply because we already know Suwinski doesn't hit lefties, and Palacios should get a chance to strike out three times in a game against one too. They brought him up, play him in these spots. Hedges is pretty much Keller's designated catcher.

Looks like they're just going to short themselves and keep Santana on the roster, basically giving him a 4 day blow. But if he's not ready for The Loo, then I say 15 day IL him, backdate to the last Seattle game, and bring up Triolo for the homestand.

I know the reason for the right hand-dominate line-up today but, anytime I see Hedges and Owings listed, along with the left hand hitting Suwinski, and then Hayes, Bae, and Castro, it shouldn’t strike fear in Alex Woods.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Aside from Marcano for Owings, IMHO, this is the best lineup they can put out. No major complaints from me on this lineup.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Both teams manage a single in the first but no runs scored. To the second we go.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Castro with a lead-off double.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Hayes moves Castro to 3rd with a groundout.