Halfway point

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Last nights win over the Brewers was game #81. They are now

39-42. For the hell of it, lets double that to finish the season

78-84. Would you be satisfied with that? I would
2drfischer@gmail.c

Halfway point

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

In one way I'm satisfied because it's a big leap forward from the recent past, and it's definitely showing progress. On the other hand, I don't want any of the players being satisfied with a losing record. But all in all, it's a lot better than being 61-101.

I wouldn't say I'm satisfied. I'd say I'm encouraged about what's to come.
WildwoodDave2

Halfway point

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

I just checked the 2023 Annual Prediction thread. 27 members

participated and only 5 had them at 500 or better. Ironically, no

one had them at 78-84. However, however after reading what you

said, I will substitute encouraged for satisfied. We always want more. :D ;D
Surgnbuck

Halfway point

Post by Surgnbuck »

IF anyone has been to a game and has a 50/50 ticket you forgot to check, there are 7 games with unclaimed prizes at the half way point, amounting to approximately 50K dollars. I said approx because I just added them up in my head, using rounding and such.

Anywhos, I'm not satisfied, encouraged, upset. I'm delighted and frustrated. Delighted they are far exceeding what I was seeing in ST, frustrated because WHAT I saw in ST is the major stumbling blocks on this team (too many strikeouts for a team without much power; an inconsistent bullpen outside of the closer; poor situational baseball; too many RISP left there stranded). However, I think they have improved overall in those areas moving forward.

I don't think Shelton understands that the hand holding for some of these guys has to stop. Number one on that list (right now, I reserve the right to change my mind without a moments notice) is Rodolfo Castro. I dare say of the young guys who have given a big opportunity to succeed, he's had the most opportunities. A VERY close second is Jack Suwinski, who probably would have been my pick a week or so ago, but he's producing right now.

It's time to move on from Rich Hill, or bring up Priester and go with a 6 man rotation, with Hill being the swing man kind of guy.

I think I've seen enough of Bae on the major league team. Send him back down for the rest of the year. Bring up some other guy/s and give them the same shot he's been given. In particular, CSN and/or Andujar. (Yep, back on that bandwagon again).

Keep dumpster diving for relief pitchers, looking for someone you think you have seen a fixable flaw that escaped everyone else's eye.
SammyKhalifa

Halfway point

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I'd say I was confused. Never seen a team so streaky where we were alternately so great and terrible. Month to mont, week to week, game to game--no matter how you parse it. I guess we're about where I expected just had no idea that we'd get here this way.
ChillinStation

Halfway point

Post by ChillinStation »

Let`s make some trades ! RedSux have Yu Chang playing SS. Pirates have a slew of extra inf. Sox waiting on Meyer but I bet we could send them Castro or Peguero or Marcano. Triolo is going to stay.