LF Ian Happ S
1B C. Bellinger L
SS D. Swanson R
RF Seiya Suzuki R
DH C. Morel R
C Yan Gomes R
3B M. Mastrobuoni L
SP Justin Steele L

My daughter who lives in Chicagoland told me her 12-year-old daughter could make out a better lineup than Shelty. Let's hope we see an all-star performance from Mitch tonight.
Let's Go Bucs
Doc

Re: Official Game Thread - 9/20 - Bucs @ Cubbies

Post by Doc »

At least Williams isn’t playing and Davis is in the line-up again. I thought by now Shelton would’ve rested him because, you know, he’s played a few days in a row.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

This makes 6 of the last 7 games with Peguero starting at SS. Williams is refreshingly absent. :)

Today is their 152nd game. They have had a 2B/SS combo change from the previous game 114 times.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Let's Go Bucs!!!!!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Justin Steele's career high strikeouts in a game is 12, against the Giants.

I think we can outdo that easily.

And win doing it!!!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Palacios leading off against the lefty Steele....I wonder if this is one of Shelty's "feel" moves?

Not a big fan of both Palacios and Suwinski starting against Steele. At least Bae and Williams aren't in there.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Bobster wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:41 pm This makes 6 of the last 7 games with Peguero starting at SS. Williams is refreshingly absent. :)

Today is their 152nd game. They have had a 2B/SS combo change from the previous game 114 times.
114 times?!?!? At two of the most important positions?!?!? When Dick Groat went down in 1960, did Murtaugh use anyone else other than his back-up, Dick Schofield, in his place? Peguero is Cruz’s back-up. He should’ve been the only guy to play SS this year except on those days he would need a day off. It was apparent fairly quickly that he has talent. It was apparent fairly quickly that Williams couldn’t compare to him. Williams getting all that playing time hasn’t changed that. All they did was delay Peguero’s development.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Doc wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:34 pm
Bobster wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:41 pm This makes 6 of the last 7 games with Peguero starting at SS. Williams is refreshingly absent. :)

114 times?!?!? At two of the most important positions?!?!? When Dick Groat went down in 1960, did Murtaugh use anyone else other than his back-up, Dick Schofield, in his place? Peguero is Cruz’s back-up. He should’ve been the only guy to play SS this year except on those days he would need a day off. It was apparent fairly quickly that he has talent. It was apparent fairly quickly that Williams couldn’t compare to him. Williams getting all that playing time hasn’t changed that. All they did was delay Peguero’s development.
Shelton has started 8 different guys at 2B and 8 different at SS. In those 114 games, either the 2Bman or the SS or both changed from the previous game.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Doc

Post by Doc »

I’m sure all of the guys reading this forum have played an organized sport where you played against another team more than a few times and you just knew going in that your team was going to beat the crap out of them, because you always did. That’s how the Cubs must feel this year when playing the Pirates. But for a major league team to beat another major league team 10 out of 11 times is really unusual.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

I just don't understand Palacios leading off against a lefty