Surgnbuck

The Other Games

Post by Surgnbuck »

Webb sets a club opening day record.

If you love the K game, this is it!
Bobster21

The Other Games

Post by Bobster21 »

Orioles were leading the Rd Sox 8-7, bottom of the 9th, 2 outs, no one on base. Red Sox batter appears to end the game with a routine fly ball to medium LF. Ryan McKenna camps under the ball only to have it clang off the heel of his glove. Adam Duvall follows with a HR to win the game 9-8.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Other Games

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

507D70616677602023120 wrote: Orioles were leading the Rd Sox 8-7, bottom of the 9th, 2 outs, no one on base. Red Sox batter appears to end the game with a routine fly ball to medium LF. Ryan McKenna camps under the ball only to have it clang off the heel of his glove. Adam Duvall follows with a HR to win the game 9-8.

Yikes! Can there be anything worse to happen to a player?
GreenWeenie

The Other Games

Post by GreenWeenie »

517C71606776612122130 wrote: Orioles were leading the Rd Sox 8-7, bottom of the 9th, 2 outs, no one on base. Red Sox batter appears to end the game with a routine fly ball to medium LF. Ryan McKenna camps under the ball only to have it clang off the heel of his glove. Adam Duvall follows with a HR to win the game 9-8.

What a bite in the baseballs.

I was telling Dave earlier today how much I enjoy this thread.

Glad that we have it.  It's always been among my favorites, and make it a point to read it.

First, it's more fun than reading the articles I read online about Other Games, but, I get a sense about all of you- by what you choose to post about them. 

You can't get a thread quite  like this in a football forum.
Javy

The Other Games

Post by Javy »

0F594F5B544E5E55584F7D5A505C5451135E3D0 wrote: Orioles were leading the Rd Sox 8-7, bottom of the 9th, 2 outs, no one on base. Red Sox batter appears to end the game with a routine fly ball to medium LF. Ryan McKenna camps under the ball only to have it clang off the heel of his glove. Adam Duvall follows with a HR to win the game 9-8.

Yikes!  Can there be anything worse to happen to a player?
i know it doesn't happen much anymore, but if he had positioned himself correctly to use 2 hands to make the catch (like all of us were taught) he likely makes the catch!
Javy

The Other Games

Post by Javy »

Nice to see Trayce Thompson with 3 HR's. Take that Klay!
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Other Games

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

72594E41380 wrote: Orioles were leading the Rd Sox 8-7, bottom of the 9th, 2 outs, no one on base. Red Sox batter appears to end the game with a routine fly ball to medium LF. Ryan McKenna camps under the ball only to have it clang off the heel of his glove. Adam Duvall follows with a HR to win the game 9-8.

i know it doesn't happen much anymore, but if he had positioned himself correctly to use 2 hands to make the catch (like all of us were taught) he likely makes the catch!

It’s hard to say why he dropped it. He may have taken his eyes off the ball or just assumed he was going to catch it and lost focus. The worst part must be the feeling of having let down his teammates. If I were him, I’d have been at the ballpark at 7:00 this morning, wanting to get today’s game underway as soon as possible.
Javy

The Other Games

Post by Javy »

3E687E6A657F6F64697E4C6B616D6560226F0C0 wrote: Orioles were leading the Rd Sox 8-7, bottom of the 9th, 2 outs, no one on base. Red Sox batter appears to end the game with a routine fly ball to medium LF. Ryan McKenna camps under the ball only to have it clang off the heel of his glove. Adam Duvall follows with a HR to win the game 9-8.

It’s hard to say why he dropped it.  He may have taken his eyes off the ball or just assumed he was going to catch it and lost focus.  The worst part must be the feeling of having let down his teammates.  If I were him, I’d have been at the ballpark at 7:00 this morning, wanting to get today’s game underway as soon as possible.

Know what you mean about letting teammates down. I've been there, whether it was baseball/softball or bowling. can't find a hole fast enough to crawl into, or wait for the next opportunity to make amends.
Bobster21

The Other Games

Post by Bobster21 »

Here's film of McKenna dropping the fly ball.