Trading Deadline

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Trading Deadline

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Just noticed the Rays have placed Taylor Walls on the IL with an oblique strain. Recently they placed their catcher on the IL with an injury. The Bucs should be calling them and proposing a trade that would include both Hedges, and Castro. I am sure we wouldn’t get a top prospect, but with Tampa in the postseason race, I am sure the Pirates would get a decent player or player’s in return.
DemDog

Trading Deadline

Post by DemDog »

535F5E050C050D00071802350 wrote: Just noticed the Rays have placed Taylor Walls on the IL with an oblique strain. Recently they placed their catcher on the IL with an injury. The Bucs should be calling them and proposing a trade that would include both Hedges, and Castro. I am sure we wouldn’t get a top prospect, but with Tampa in the postseason race, I am sure the Pirates would get a decent player or player’s in return.

The Rays are not going to bail BC out. Why should they?
fjk090852-7

Trading Deadline

Post by fjk090852-7 »

14353D143F37500 wrote: Just noticed the Rays have placed Taylor Walls on the IL with an oblique strain. Recently they placed their catcher on the IL with an injury. The Bucs should be calling them and proposing a trade that would include both Hedges, and Castro. I am sure we wouldn’t get a top prospect, but with Tampa in the postseason race, I am sure the Pirates would get a decent player or player’s in return.

The Rays are not going to bail BC out.  Why should they?

The Rays and Yankees are both down a catcher, and I would be very much surprised if Hedges is still with the Pirates after the trading deadline.
Bobster21

Trading Deadline

Post by Bobster21 »

3834356E676E666B6C73695E0 wrote: Just noticed the Rays have placed Taylor Walls on the IL with an oblique strain. Recently they placed their catcher on the IL with an injury. The Bucs should be calling them and proposing a trade that would include both Hedges, and Castro. I am sure we wouldn’t get a top prospect, but with Tampa in the postseason race, I am sure the Pirates would get a decent player or player’s in return.

The Rays are not going to bail BC out.  Why should they?

The Rays and Yankees are both down a catcher, and I would be very much surprised if Hedges is still with the Pirates after the trading deadline.
I'm not convinced Hedges will be traded. As of the TDL there will still be about 2 million due him for the remainder of the season. That's not much for some teams but he can't hit or throw. And that's a risky player for a contender to add at the TDL. If he does get traded, the return will be next to nothing (a poorly rated prospect) and the Pirates might have to pay some of Hedges' remaining salary.

I don't see a team trying to acquire Castro at the TDL. He might be dealt in the off season but could remain in AAA with a new team.

Santana, Choi and Joe are likely to go at the TDL. Maybe Hill too, altho replacing him in the rotation would be problematic. I think Bednar is basically untouchable and it's hard to imagine another team wanting anyone else from the Pirates bullpen.
SammyKhalifa

Trading Deadline

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I'm not sayin' but I'm just sayin' . . . have you seen how many runs our pitchers have given up since hedges hasn't been catching?
ChillinStation

Trading Deadline

Post by ChillinStation »

Pirates should take any rejects the Rays have to offer for Hedges. I would have a scout that justs works them. They know what they are doing. Pirates may have got a future starting SS a few weeks back from them. Alika Williams is looking really nice.
WildwoodDave2

Trading Deadline

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

44767A7A6E5C7F767B7E7176170 wrote: I'm not sayin' but I'm just sayin' . . . have you seen how many runs our pitchers have given up since hedges hasn't been catching?
WildwoodDave2

Trading Deadline

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

07393C34273F3F341431263562500 wrote: I'm not sayin' but I'm just sayin' . . . have you seen how many runs our pitchers have given up since hedges hasn't been catching?

good point, Sammy
ChillinStation

Trading Deadline

Post by ChillinStation »

Apparently Keller didn`t give Endy a glowing review.
Bobster21

Trading Deadline

Post by Bobster21 »

6A4140454540477A5D485D404647290 wrote: Apparently Keller didn`t give Endy a glowing review.
Day game after a night game. Standard day off for a catcher.