Glasnow versus Cubs 4/26 Game Thread...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Bucs up 2-0 as JHay lead off with a homer and Cervelli gets an RBI double with 2 outs. Good job by Glasnow working out of a nice jam in the first.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Glasnow needs to find a way to start throwing less pitches. He has thrown 57 pitches in 2 innings so far which is beyond ridiculous.
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

Glasnow is starting to have some better results, but the amount of work he does to get there is grueling to watch.
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

Well, this inning so far appears to be the baseball gods trying to make up for letting that start from Cole last night be a waste.
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

Now that he's got a nice lead, I'd like to see Glasnow go out and just cut loose in the third instead of trying to be perfect...
BenM

Post by BenM »

I really enjoy watching Lester when he gets frustrated.
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

Even though it's not always been pretty...you have to think Glasnow has learned a lot this month. He's also had some difficult matchups facing the Cubs twice and the Yankees once. Hopefully, the experience will payoff as the season progresses.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

dobn't know if my timing is right but I think Glasnow has to be relieved after giving up the Bryant double. 89 pitches and only 46 strikes.

what is score anyway? Box score has 4-2 lead has 5-2.
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

Surprised that wasn't an error, hit Polanco right on the thumb of the glove
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

If Glasnow is not capable of pitching 5 innings without throwing 140 pitches; we need to rethink the rotation. Time to bring up Brault as the 5th starter and let Glasnow pitch in long relief until he figures it out.