Outfield Alignment

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

INbuc

Outfield Alignment

Post by INbuc »

With Cutch gone I am trying to project the outfield lineup based on our current roster.

I would think Marte in center and Polanco in right would be expected. I could see Frazier or Luplow as possible candidates in left, and maybe a good platoon for a while.

If that option fails to launch, another possibility, should Harrison remain, is he in left occasionally with Moroff getting some time at 2nd.

What are your thoughts?
Bobster21

Outfield Alignment

Post by Bobster21 »

Frazier is their best lead-off type but hasn't had a real position. He played mostly LF in Marte's absence so maybe he takes over LF.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Outfield Alignment

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I think it's Luplow's position to lose. Luplow starts in LF with Frazier at 2B.

Harrison has to be traded, right? If he doesn't bring back an OF, Luplow starts in LF.

(By the way, Giants announced McCutchen RF, Pence in LF. I assume they acquire a CF, as they didn't announce one)
Ecbucs

Outfield Alignment

Post by Ecbucs »

7A575A4B4C5D4A0A09380 wrote: Frazier is their best lead-off type but hasn't had a real position. He played mostly LF in Marte's absence so maybe he takes over LF.

yeah, at this stage I would say Frazier is front runner for left and probably as lead off hitter.

I would like to see Luplow show enough with the bat to get most of the playing time though. If he can turn into a legitimate power hitter (even with an average of 250) he would help team.
Roberto218

Outfield Alignment

Post by Roberto218 »

Luplow and Frazier both deserve some playing time. I would like to keep Josh. Polanco might pull a hammy again.
BucAndEer

Outfield Alignment

Post by BucAndEer »

555E565A5F5E450006714850595E5E1F525E310 wrote: (By the way, Giants announced McCutchen RF, Pence in LF. I assume they acquire a CF, as they didn't announce one)

They could probably get Marte cheap if they clipped the BOGO coupon from the Sunday P-G.
johnfluharty

Outfield Alignment

Post by johnfluharty »

4A41494540415A1F196E574F464141004D412E0 wrote:

By the way, Giants announced McCutchen RF, Pence in LF. I assume they acquire a CF, as they didn't announce one

Cutch in RF? People will be running on him. He does not have the arm for RF.

Ecbucs

Outfield Alignment

Post by Ecbucs »

616463656D677E636A797F720B0 wrote:

By the way, Giants announced McCutchen RF, Pence in LF. I assume they acquire a CF, as they didn't announce one

Cutch in RF?  People will be running on him.  He does not have the arm for RF.

I was surprised by this too. I guess Pence has declined quite a bit defensively too over the years.
CTBucco

Outfield Alignment

Post by CTBucco »

Frazier and Luplow or Osuna will share LF. One of Osuna and Luplow probably won’t make the team out of ST. Which has an option left?

The bench will be Freese, Diaz, SRod, Moroff, and one of Osuna or Luplow. Those two guys overlap too much. I think they’ll want to keep Moroff for his ability to play multiple positions and to be the only LH bench bat.