Breakout Player Prediction

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

INbuc

Post by INbuc »

Last year Jordan Luplow was one of the significant breakout performers within the organization. His numbers represented a significant improvement over any prior performance and exceeded pretty much anyone’s expectations.

From Pittsburgh to The GCL team which player in the organization do you think is in store for that surprising breakout year in 2018? It might be Adam Frazier going from spot starter to potential batting champ; maybe high draft picks like Will Craig or Ke’Bryan Hayes finding their power strokes; 2nd year guys like Bligh Madris or Deon Stafford exploding on the scene; or perhaps Nick Kingham or Clay Holmes graduating to and succeeding in the big leagues.

There are no wrong answers here. So just for the fun of it, even if you don’t want to predict such a player, just select someone you want to BREAKOUT.
ChitownBucco

Post by ChitownBucco »

Logan Hill to continue his breakout
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Diaz. We need help at catcher, his Mom was kidnapped. He needs something to go right.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I wuzgonna say Diaz because Cervelli is sure to miss a lot of games. But since that's already been said, I'll pick Trevor Williams.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

I am going to buy low and hope Tyler Glasnow has a breakout year.
mouse

Post by mouse »

Ke'Bryan Hayes and the power stroke, although I like the Glasnow pick as well.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

I would love to say Luplow will break out at the major league level but I doubt he gets much of a chance to start. I am going to pick Hayes to have a modest power breakout and show he's a legit 3B option for the future.
ChickenWing

Post by ChickenWing »

As i read the title i thought, Frazier and his compact smooth swing, then you said about winning a batting title in your opening... i will stick with that one, Adam Frazier
sdimmick3

Post by sdimmick3 »

im going to go with Kevin Kramer. he was mentioned on some prospect lists as a top 10 2nd baseman (MLB i think).
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Moroff. I think he's a future starter at 2b, not frazier