Mixed emotions

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

Mixed emotions

Post by CarolinaBucco »

My emotions are torn right now.

I can't wait for the season to begin on Thursday.

But at the same time I am dreading the season.
DemDog

Mixed emotions

Post by DemDog »

745645585B5E59567542545458370 wrote: My emotions are torn right now.

Been there done that Carolina. After 60 yrs of doing it I am just happy that it is baseball season and I will get to see, hear and attend games of my beloved Pirates. It's not easy loving a team like the current Pirates but it is what I get these days. As I have found happier days are not far ahead.
INbuc

Mixed emotions

Post by INbuc »

I never dread baseball season. Every day is a gift and you never know what miracle might happen.

Now I may rue the results, but I never dread the possibilities.
iabucco

Mixed emotions

Post by iabucco »

It is a bit like golf for me. I may shoot in the 90's to 100's but I always remember the 1 or 2 really good shots I had. I hope that they can be competitive and will make the playoffs but if there is enough improvement among players like Bell, Moran, Glasnow, Kuhl etc... I will take that and see if I can convince my wife or kids to make a Pittsburgh trip with me sometime this summer.
Quail

Mixed emotions

Post by Quail »

74555D745F57300 wrote: My emotions are torn right now.

Been there done that Carolina.  After 60 yrs of doing it I am just happy that it is baseball season and I will get to see, hear and attend games of my beloved Pirates.  It's not easy loving a team like the current Pirates but it is what I get these days.  As I have found happier days are not far ahead.

+1 to that Possum! I'm committed to not letting my pessimistic feeling about the season as a whole detract from my interest and enthusiasm for each game. They all start 0-0, and I'll be rooting for the Pirates to win as if it were 1960 or '71 or '79.
SCBucco

Mixed emotions

Post by SCBucco »

5B796A77747176795A6D7B7B77180 wrote: My emotions are torn right now.

When I look at the starting rotation we are throwing out there, that is enough to dread the season to be honest. Can't get excited about a season until the Pirates decide to field a competitive team
ChickenWing

Mixed emotions

Post by ChickenWing »

"When I look at the starting rotation we are throwing out there, that is enough to dread the season to be honest.  Can't get excited about a season until the Pirates decide to field a competitive team"

Same for me, this is where i am at right now...
pghpaulatl

Mixed emotions

Post by pghpaulatl »

I feel they're doing exactly what they need do and that is play the kids and find out if they can grow and be successful.

The rotation has talent and needs experience and I see a lot of promise in the starting 8 and bench. Let's see how it plays out.
Bobster21

Mixed emotions

Post by Bobster21 »

The most interesting aspect about this team to me is the rotation. Other than Nova, who has a track record of mediocrity, the rest are young, have potential, and can still be improving. Taillon, Kuhl and Williams have all shown flashes and will hopefully build on that. Nova at least gives that group a veteran presence. Then there's Musgrove, Brault, Glasnow, Kingham and Keller in the wings.

We know Nutting & Co. will not pay for pitching. That seriously narrows the possibilities. It's a tall task but their only hope is to develop or acquire young pitchers with potential who can all mesh into a solid rotation before they become too expensive to keep. I don't like that plan but here we are. But at least this group of pitchers has the potential to fulfill that wish. I know some are predicting the rotation won't be competitive. But I think the potential is there. 
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Mixed emotions

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I also think the potential is there in the rotation. At least three of these guys have to stick, right?