Upcoming 9 game road trip.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I wanna see how the Pirates come back and play on this trip to DC, Milwaukee and against the WhiteSox after this 5-1 week. Even if you can go 4-5 on this trip which is most definitely doable the Pirates would be 21-16 coming home for that 3 game series with Cutch and the Giants on Mother’s Day weekend. Starting with that series against the Giants the Pirates play 15 of their next 18 games at PNC Park which they MUST take advantage of. The Pirates then play 9 straight games against the Padres,White Sox and Reds who all stink before having 2 huge home series on Memorial Day weekend with the Cards and Cubs. So the opportunity will be there for the Pirates this entire month of May to keep this going. Come Memorial Day in about 4 weeks the Pirates will be 50-55 games into this season so if they are still near or on top of the division by then it could end up being a very fun interesting summer over at PNC Park. Let’s hope in about another month or so I am still making that above  statement. I think there is a good chance I will be.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

I love you cup running over attitude! Keep it going and maybe you can wish the Bucs to a winning and playoff season. ;D ;D
Kovalwat

Post by Kovalwat »

I am predicting a 2-7 road trip.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

This was a tough loss tonight, not really because of this game in particular but because the next two games we get Scherzer and Strausburg.

This is going to be a tough trip. Honestly I am just hoping not to swept again like we did in Philly.

If we just get 1 in DC, 1 in Milwaukee and 1 in Chicago, that would be 3-6 but the Pirates would be coming home 20-18.

JUST. DON'T. GET. SWEPT.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

Scherzer is a problem, but I will stay optimistic. Back in 2015 he no-hit us in June. When we next faced him in July I was wondering if we could have negative hits? But forged with the confidence of Jeff Locke on the mound, Pedro, Walker, and Polanco all homered and we beat Scherzer and the Gnats. Perhaps our current day lefties will best him again.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

2A2D011600630 wrote: Scherzer is a problem, but I will stay optimistic.  Back in 2015 he no-hit us in June.   When we next faced him in July I was wondering if we could have negative hits?  But forged with the confidence of Jeff Locke on the mound, Pedro, Walker, and Polanco all homered and we beat Scherzer and the Gnats.  Perhaps our current day lefties will best him again.

LOL! I was at the Perfect Game Max tossed.....until Tabata leaned in a bit. There was no way - this perfecto was in the books! And then it was like “what happened!?”

As a Pirate fan and obviously being responsible for the actions of the franchise in the sight of every Nats fan, it was not a pleasant walk out of the stadium or to the metro, and waiting at the station and the ride was even worse as we had to just stand there while everyone else replayed events over and over.

I will say that the Nats fans somehow held it all together - can you imagine if this happened in Philly or Chicago!