Some Perspective on Polanco

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

https://rumbunter.com/2018/05/03/gregor ... candidate/

I do find it a bit encouraging.  Hopefully, he will turn things around and prove these staticticsl indicators correct.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

Nice thought, I posted an article last season about this same time about Cutch. All things pointed to him being somewhat unlucky through April and May. With Polanco I will believe it when I see it. He is inconsistent because his swing is inconsistent.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I think the line up needs redone. Polanco shouldn't be getting more at bats than Cervelli, Dickerson, and Moran. Big year for Polanco as Meadows could be a call up. Meadows won't replace Dickerson or Marte.

My new line up:

Marte

Dickerson

Cervelli

Bell

Moran

Mercer

Polanco

Frazier/Moroff/Rodriguez (2B)

Or you can leave Mercer in the eight hole and move the 2B to sixth. This line up helps the righty-lefty throughout.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

575C54585D5C470204734A525B5C5C1D505C330 wrote: I think the line up needs redone.  Polanco shouldn't be getting more at bats than Cervelli, Dickerson, and Moran.  Big year for Polanco as Meadows could be a call up.  Meadows won't replace Dickerson or Marte.

My new line up:

Marte

Dickerson

Cervelli

Bell

Moran

Mercer

Polanco Any warm body

Or you can leave Mercer in the eight hole and move the 2B to sixth.  This line up helps the righty-lefty throughout.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

3239313D3839226761162F373E3939783539560 wrote: I think the line up needs redone.  Polanco shouldn't be getting more at bats than Cervelli, Dickerson, and Moran.  Big year for Polanco as Meadows could be a call up.  Meadows won't replace Dickerson or Marte.

My new line up:

Marte

Dickerson

Cervelli

Bell

Moran

Mercer

Polanco

Or you can leave Mercer in the eight hole and move the 2B to sixth.  This line up helps the righty-lefty throughout.

I like this line up.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

3B3A2130266661550 wrote: I think the line up needs redone.  Polanco shouldn't be getting more at bats than Cervelli, Dickerson, and Moran.  Big year for Polanco as Meadows could be a call up.  Meadows won't replace Dickerson or Marte.

My new line up:

Marte

Dickerson

Cervelli

Bell

Moran

Mercer

Polanco Any warm body

Who? He is still the best option currently on the team. His back ups (Frazier and Rodriguez) are batting worse. Osuna is in the minors. Polanco is a better fielder than Frazier and Osuna too.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Just switch Polanco and Cervelli. It's tempting to get Josh Bell the heck out of cleanup for a good, long time too. Bell is a mess
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Yes, that is the easy move for sure. We are getting nothing out of the 1 and 2 spots. Bell is still the threat in the line up. I'd leave him in the four hole for now. We shouldn't be giving three of those guys all the at bats. One of them is ok, not great, but ok.
ScottinMass

Post by ScottinMass »

Marte - bats like a leadoff man anyway

Dickerson - can get a lot of fastballs if Marte is on in front

Bell - switch hitter so, that works

Cervelli - Why not? he is producing

Polanco - maybe take some pressure off

Moran

Mercer

2nd baseman

When/if Harrison comes back bump everyone down one
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I don’t think the lineup needs to be redone, but I would like for the Bucs to recall Osuna and play him in right field. After they lost the five games from the Phils and Tigers, Osuna got them on the right track with the homer in the second game of the doubleheader. They need another spark, and I believe getting him into the lineup will do that.