6/1 Game thread vs Cards

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

RichD

6/1 Game thread vs Cards

Post by RichD »

Milos Mikolos is having a Neal Heaton like start to the first half of the season. Anyone remember Heaton ? Well he nosedived after all star break.

We have seen Milos now twice I think ? And Tallion is due .Makes for a great bet at Pit +116 .

Heck we had Milos in our system .We traded Dickerson for Milos and Dakker I think .

I will go search for the line up.

1. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

2. Francisco Cervelli (R) C

3. Starling Marte (R) CF

4. Josh Bell (S) 1B

5. Corey Dickerson (L) LF

6. Colin Moran (L) 3B

7. Gregory Polanco (L) RF

8. Jordy Mercer (R) SS

9. Jameson Taillon (R)
Bobster21

6/1 Game thread vs Cards

Post by Bobster21 »

No Meadows again. Maybe Hurdle has money on the Cards.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

6/1 Game thread vs Cards

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Harrison scratched with flu like symptoms.
RichD

6/1 Game thread vs Cards

Post by RichD »

I think they are trying to settle him down a bit . We all know it isn't this easy . Let him watch some, slow it down a bit more for the kid . He is off to one off the best starts in MLB history. But don't put the pressure on him yet,
Bobster21

6/1 Game thread vs Cards

Post by Bobster21 »

5F646E65490D0 wrote: I think they are trying to settle him down a bit . We all know it isn't this easy . Let him watch some, slow it down a bit more for the kid . He is off to one off the best starts in MLB history. But don't put the pressure on him yet,

Why would they want to slow things down for a kid having one of the hottest starts in MLB history? Isn't that what the opposition wants to do? Isn't that what you do when he starts to struggle? "Sorry Austin, you're playing too well. You're making your teammates look bad. Let's give you a few days off to kill your momentum and hope that when you get to play again you won't do so well."
Ecbucs

6/1 Game thread vs Cards

Post by Ecbucs »

012C21303726317172430 wrote: I think they are trying to settle him down a bit . We all know it isn't this easy . Let him watch some, slow it down a bit more for the kid . He is off to one off the best starts in MLB history. But don't put the pressure on him yet,

Why would they want to slow things down for a kid having one of the hottest starts in MLB history? Isn't that what the opposition wants to do? Isn't that what you do when he starts to struggle? "Sorry Austin, you're playing too well. You're making your teammates look bad. Let's give you a few days off to kill your momentum and hope that when you get to play again you won't do so well." 

he is too good of a pinch hitter to start. (I hope no one believes that)
RichD

6/1 Game thread vs Cards

Post by RichD »

Don't let him get a big head ! And a couple games off wont ruin the young kid .

Sheesh, havent any of you walked away from a hot table to live another day.

When I get to hot on bets , I start to get stingy on amounts .I know the ride ends quick
Kovalwat

6/1 Game thread vs Cards

Post by Kovalwat »

Marte gets us started with a single to rf
Bobster21

6/1 Game thread vs Cards

Post by Bobster21 »

6D565C577B3F0 wrote: Don't let him get a big head ! And a couple games off wont ruin the young kid .

Sheesh, havent any of you walked away from a hot table to live another day.

When I get to hot on bets , I start to get stingy on amounts .I know the ride ends quick

I'm not a gambler so I don't equate gambling tendencies to baseball. Sheesh.
Kovalwat

6/1 Game thread vs Cards

Post by Kovalwat »

Bell walks, 2 on and 1 out.