30 Wins- 30 Losses

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Roberto218

30 Wins- 30 Losses

Post by Roberto218 »

The 2005 Bucs were 30-30 after 60 games. They wound up 67-95. I would like to see this years Bucs stay over .500 all year long. Where is this season headed?
notes34

30 Wins- 30 Losses

Post by notes34 »

Down the toilet like most expected.
SammyKhalifa

30 Wins- 30 Losses

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I'd expect some people you haven't heard from for a while to magically reappear.
Ecbucs

30 Wins- 30 Losses

Post by Ecbucs »

this next stretch of 10 or 15 games will likely tell the tale of the season.

go 6-9 then season is pretty much over as far as playoffs go (may only be 5 or 6 games out of wild card but will be there with 5 or 6 other teams).

Go 9-6 and should be back in wild card race.

Bell needs to hit and either Meadows or Polanco needs to hit too for this team to have a chance.
Roberto218

30 Wins- 30 Losses

Post by Roberto218 »

I think that they have a pretty good team. Bullpen needs to get straightened out. Bring back our Lithuanian flame thrower from AAA, ( How do you spell that?), a couple other changes and we could pull this out!
dogknot17@yahoo.co

30 Wins- 30 Losses

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Bell and Harrison need to start hitting. Their OPS is .683 and .681 respectively. Harrison's back ups are even worse. Bell won't get benched either.

Meadows needs to play more. He needs to play with Dickerson and Marte too. No more shuffling these four (counting Polanco) in and out. Need a consistent line up for a week or so.
SammyKhalifa

30 Wins- 30 Losses

Post by SammyKhalifa »

4D464E4247465D181E695048414646074A46290 wrote: Bell and Harrison need to start hitting.  Their OPS is .683 and .681 respectively.  Harrison's back ups are even worse.  Bell won't get benched either.

Meadows needs to play more.  He needs to play with Dickerson and Marte too.  No more shuffling these four (counting Polanco) in and out.  Need a consistent line up for a week or so.    

Yeah Ponco needs to sit a bit.  I know I am the one that said to change them out (Hi Bobster ;)) but that was two weeks ago.

Still though the side of the team that gives me pause is still the lukewarm starting pitching.  Even the best hitting will slump but you'd hope the starters would even some of those valleys out.
Bobster21

30 Wins- 30 Losses

Post by Bobster21 »

162428283C0E2D24292C2324450 wrote: Bell and Harrison need to start hitting.  Their OPS is .683 and .681 respectively.  Harrison's back ups are even worse.  Bell won't get benched either.

Meadows needs to play more.  He needs to play with Dickerson and Marte too.  No more shuffling these four (counting Polanco) in and out.  Need a consistent line up for a week or so.    

Yeah Ponco needs to sit a bit.  I know I am the one that said to change them out (Hi Bobster ;)) but that was two weeks ago.

Still though the side of the team that gives me pause is still the lukewarm starting pitching.  Even the best hitting will slump but you'd hope the starters would even some of those valleys out.
;)
SammyKhalifa

30 Wins- 30 Losses

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I still think it was worth giving a shot. Polanco just didn't hold up his end of the bargain. If all four were hitting it would a fine arrangement.
Quail

30 Wins- 30 Losses

Post by Quail »

This team is not really that far from being a very good team. There are a few things that absolutely need to happen to avoid sinking into irrelevance, and unfortunately those things are essential and in no way guaranteed to happen.

1. Polanco and Bell must be impact bats. Not just pretty good, but really good. They ain't winnin' any games with their gloves, and both have been mediocre at the plate. If Kang returns and can resume slugging at his previous .500 clip then only one of Bell and Polanco needs to come around.

2. The team needs a top of the rotation starter. Preferably a veteran who can inspire with his passion, impress with his performance and mentor the young starters already in place. In other words we need another A.J. Burnett. Who that is or where he comes from is above my pay grade.

3. There needs to be a continuing improvement of most of the young players on the roster especially the pitchers. If the majority of them can iron out their inconsistencies they could carry this team.

If all of those things happen we're in the playoffs. If 1 & 3 happen we'll be in the race until the end. If only one of the three happen we'll finish with around 73 wins.