Dickerson On Family Medical Leave

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Cory Dickerson has been placed on Family Medical Leave and Adam Frazier has been recalled.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

Pittsburgh Pirates outfielder Corey Dickerson has been placed on the family medical emergency leave list.

What It Means:

Dickerson is expected to return for Saturday's series finale against the Arizona Diamondbacks. [highlight]Sean Rodriguez will replace Dickerson in left field for the Pirates on Wednesday.[/highlight] Adam Frazier was called up from Triple-A Indianapolis in a corresponding roster move.

With all the commotion over shared playing time for four outfielders, why would we be surprised the Pirates replace Dickerson in the rotation with SRod and immediately place him in the starting lineup? :-/
Quail

Post by Quail »

My disappointment is mitigated somewhat by the fact that Meadows apparently has a foot injury that may prevent him from doing anything other than pinch hitting. Still I'd much rather see Frazier or Osuna or even Bill Virdon playing instead of SRod.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

587C686065090 wrote: My disappointment is mitigated somewhat by the fact that Meadows apparently has a foot injury that may prevent him from doing anything other than pinch hitting. Still I'd much rather see Frazier or Osuna or even Bill Virdon playing instead of SRod.
A few years ago at a Pirates fantasy camp at Pirate City, Virdon (late 70s at that time) played CF in a game against the campers. Fit as a fiddle and in his uniform and glasses, he looked like the Virdon of 1960. And he was running down fly balls in CF. I suspect even now, Virdon would not be the worst answer in the OF. :)

BenM

Post by BenM »

I hope everything works out well for the family.