It's Saturday and SHOOT ME NOW

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Pirates have lost 3 in a row and REALLY need a win today, so let's make sure NOT to play our best players. And, most importantly, let's make sure we find a way to keep S-Rod in the lineup.

So today J-Hay sits (because he's played TWO DAYS IN A ROW and that's just not fair to J-Hay) and S-Rod starts at 2b.

And we definitely need S-Rod in the lineup because he's hitting .095 vs. right-handers this season and slugging .176.

WHAT IS HURDLE DOING?

Did I mention S-Rod is "hitting" .095 vs. righties?

PLEASE SHOOT ME NOW.

mouse

Post by mouse »

Trust the process! :)
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

That's why I pay little attention to posts about what the Pirates need to do to right themselves. Their own manager doesn't even try to win. It's nice when they win but it's clearly not his priority. He's smart enough to understand that he's not managing the team in a way that maximizes their chances of winning. But he doesn't care. And he has the full support of NH and BN who extended him another 4 years. Keep the players happy. Give everyone plenty of rest, plenty of playing time and don't hurt their feelings. I'm sure the players would prefer to win but when they're stuck with a cheap owner who won't give them the pieces they need, at least Hurdle keeps them happy while they lose.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Naw, SRod gets the start and the spotlight for tonite's game the Bucs are giving away Sean Rodriguez Walkoff Bobblehead's tonite.  My hope and my guess is that when the sun rises in the morning is that SRod will be a Pirate no more and one of Newman or Kramer comes up to replace him if not Kang.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Is tonight really S-Rod bobblehead night?

Wonderful. So the starting lineup is based on a marketing gimmick.

Solid strategy right there ...
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Yea this absolutely sickening that Rodriguez is starting again today because of his bobble head when this team desperately needs to start winning games to stay in it.  Somebody should have the balls to ask Hurdle after this game give me one good reason today to start Rodriguez against a right handed pitcher who he is hitting under .100 against. These kinds of things make me hate this team and this management team even more. It’s inexcusable plain and simple.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Bobster is 100 percent right though that Hurdle does not care if they win and this proves it. He would rather Rodriguez start on his bobble head day instead of playing his best lineup in an effort to desperately start winning games to try and stay somewhat in contention. This is like Little League to Hurdle anymore and this move today proves he does not care about winning one bit.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Great start for Rodriguez he makes a throwing error with two outs to home plate and it leads to 2 runs. But hey things happen according to Hurdle guys make errors no worries just get them tomorrow. Not like this is a baseball team to Hurdle it’s a baseball experiment.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

SRod is playing because it's his bobblehead night. He will be released shortly
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

If he is released "shortly" it will still be too late because he's already probably cost us at least a couple of games over these last several weeks. Just INEXCUSABLE that he's still on the roster and starting regularly.