Time Frame?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Time Frame?

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

What's the time frame for fans to believe? When does the "it's early" thought go away?

Winning record or .500 at the end of May? Mid June? End of April? Do they need to have a winning record or .500 good. Is being in the Wild Card discussion time to believe?

Yes, I think it is early too. But the naysayers are really pushing that agenda.

SammyKhalifa

Time Frame?

Post by SammyKhalifa »

It's always early until it's late ;)
mouse

Time Frame?

Post by mouse »

Remember the Brewers last year? They were good right up to September, I believe. So too early is anytime before your days of August are over. :)
IABucFan

Time Frame?

Post by IABucFan »

Personally, the 16, 32, and 40 game marks are barometers for me. That’s 10, 20, and 25% of the season.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Time Frame?

7E7C666076130 wrote: Remember the Brewers last year? They were good right up to September, I believe. So too early is anytime before your days of August are over.  :)

Were the Brewers not good last year? They finished one game out of the playoffs. Does this mean we have to wait until the season is over to believe? Success is only reached if the post-season is reached? Might be a different topic...
SammyKhalifa

Time Frame?

Post by SammyKhalifa »

If you are talking about "are we in it?" then I'd probably say the ASG or leading up to trade deadline.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Time Frame?

675559594D7F5C55585D5255340 wrote: If you are talking about "are we in it?" then I'd probably say the ASG or leading up to trade deadline.

Pretty much asking when it is not "too early"?

OrlandoMerced

Time Frame?

Post by OrlandoMerced »

Well, they are not going to play .800 baseball for very long.

It's going to be what elements of the team contribute to upcoming struggles and losses.

If the issue remains the bullpen blowing leads, and the current strengths remain so, then I think they could stick around. So really, I'm just looking to see if the offense remains a strength, if Harrison, Moran, Mercer, Dickerson and Polanco all start playing closer to replacement level for a long string of games (which is possible), then I'm concerned.

I don't have any reason to believe that Bell and Marte won't continue at their current numbers. But those guys I listed above are all producing at levels that are not sustainable, do these guys settle in at 800-900 OPS guys? or get down in to mid-low 700?

I think the rotation is good enough and I trust NH and Hurdle to configure the bullpen at some point.
SteadyFreddy

Time Frame?

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I wanna give it until around mid May to about Memorial Day when we are about 40-50 games in. If they are still well over .500 at that point and up their in the standings then I definitely think they have a shot to stay in this race come summer time. No reason not to believe right now they can’t continue to win a lot of these series they have coming up and stay anywhere from 5-10 games over .500. They have series against the Marlins coming up this weekend who stink, the Tigers again at home for 3 in a few weeks and series also with the Rockies and Phillies who are okay but very beatable. So no reason to believe this can’t continue going into late April and early May.
rucker59@gmail.com

Time Frame?

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Time frame to start believing? Right now.

No date on the calendar is going to tell what I can observe: today, I have no problem saying this is a good team. They are legit. That is not the same as saying I think they win the division or a WC. Pitching remains my biggest concern. The Pirates are not going to score 8 runs a game and win 8-5 very often. The question is going to be will the pitching allow the Pirates to win 3-2 or 4-3. The pullpen needs real help. Now. Because this is a good team.

It’s déjà vu all over again.