Who Should Be The Bucs All-Star Representative?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Quail

Post by Quail »

I don't believe the Pirates will have more than one representative at this year's All-Star game, and no doubt whoever gets the nod will not be elected by the fans. I think Austin Meadows is most deserving of the honor based on performance (albeit with limited games played), but I think if Cervelli is healthy by then he'll be selected.

What do you think?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I think Cervelli regardless of his health. He could be declared unable to play and be replaced, in which case he would be there in uniform, etc but the Pirates would not have an active representative.
mouse

Post by mouse »

I remember Manny Sanguillen getting selected for an All Star game and Sparky Anderson playing his boy, Johnny Bench, the entire game. I was really upset and pretty much have written off the All Star game since then. (And Sparky Anderson as well, for that matter.) But Cervelli would be my guess, and he certainly deserves the attention.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

2A28323422470 wrote: I remember Manny Sanguillen getting selected for an All Star game and Sparky Anderson playing his boy, Johnny Bench, the entire game. I was really upset and pretty much have written off the All Star game since then. (And Sparky Anderson as well, for that matter.) But Cervelli would be my guess, and he certainly deserves the attention.

I agree about Bench playing the game.  I attended 1974 game when Ken Brett was only Pirate rep.  Lots of hitters on that team could have been chosen too (as well as Giusti) but Yogi Berra picked at least a couple Mets as reserves.

I think it will be Cervelli and maybe Vazquez. (just one rep though)