Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

Last night 17-1; Tonight Kershaw

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I'm sure this will go well.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Buccos have had some success against Kershaw. A miracle tonight?
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

NH should have tried trading Nova after his last start ... two very good starts in a row ... now serving up two dingers in the first to the Dodgers ... awesome.
rucker59@gmail.com

Muncy with his 2nd HR on the night.

3-1.
rucker59@gmail.com

Sheezzz. Nova gives up his 4th HR on the night. And it’s just the 4th inning.

5-2
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Since the Dodgers are going to get into the bullpen early, I'm projecting a final score in the range of 12-3.

Hey's it's an improvement on 17-1.

Of course now that Musgrove is on the DL and Clay Holmes is starting tomorrow, we'll probably return to the 17-1 range.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

0B293A27242126290A3D2B2B27480 wrote: Since the Dodgers are going to get into the bullpen early, I'm projecting a final score in the range of 12-3.

Hey's it's an improvement on 17-1.

Of course now that Musgrove is on the DL and Clay Holmes is starting tomorrow, we'll probably return to the 17-1 range.

Carolina you are correct--- our pitching stinks. The next pitch Muncy sees should be an inch from his nose. This year our pitchers are on pace to hit 54 batters, which is down from 58 last year, 68 in '16, 75 in '15, and 88 in '14.

While actually hitting someone might not be so important, it most certainly signals we are not pitching inside enough. The Dodgers are swinging with no fear. Knock them off the plate!
rucker59@gmail.com

Make that 5 HRs for nova.

And Nevernevername gives up another.

8-2.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Outscored 25-4 so through 2 games in this series. Wonder what enlightening positive Clint will find out of this in his postgame press conference. I sure hope he is smiling from ear to ear again much like he was last night at the start of his postgame. Wonder how Neal can start spinning about how they are still in a position to add for the 8th year in a row as well now that they are 5 games under .500 tonight at 40-45 after this loss. I wonder how the attendance will be for this upcoming 11 game homestand coming up starting Friday night leading into the All Star Break. I think it will continue to stink and continue to suffer and I really can’t say I mind at this point because this front office deserves it and they deserve to be embarrassed and humiliated more and more each day.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Looking at the bright side, they held the Dodgers to fewer than 7 HRs. :)

The Dodgers had more HRs (6) than the Pirates had hits (5). Two Pirates (Diaz, Freese) actually managed to get hits. And Neverauskas lowered his ERA to 9.69. And Nova set a Pirate franchise record by yielding 5 HRs in a single game. Go Buccos!!!