Jamison responds to unexplainable decision

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pira ... 1807070093

WOW. I was furious when Hurdle pulled JT, turns out I wasn’t alone. No way Jamison is speaking about this unless he’s POed.

So Hurdle allows Polanco to play six weeks with nearly a hit. Same with SRod. Everybody on the team. He allows the bullpen to blow game after game. But Jamison has one minor blimp and he gets yanked. I bet any amount of money that one of Tallion’s first calls was to Cole (when he was free). I bet they had some choice words about this entire organization and Hurdle.

Jamison won’t firget this. If it was out of character for Hurdle, that ol would be one thing. But I feel certain he and Cole had plenty of events to talk about. I bet Cole is assuring Jamison that life will get better once he’s out of Pittsburgh. I’m sure tallion is looking forward to his end of purgatory.

What an Amateur organization.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

You know that is a great point. S-Rod was arguably the worst player in the league statistically, yet Hurdle kept running him out there day after day and piling up his at-bats (and strikeouts, and errors).

Jamieson had not allowed a baserunner to reach 2nd, and Hurdle already had the bullpen going. A couple of hits later Jamieson is gone and the trusty Pirates bullpen is summoned to save the day.

Brutal decision. By all accounts, Jamieson was dealing and had his best stuff. So of course the Pirates get him out of the game immediately after back-to-back hits.

Idiots.
Quail

Post by Quail »

While perusing the Athletic this morning I was not surprised to read that the players apparently feel very much like we fans do. I wonder what Nutting will do if there's a clubhouse revolt? Here's a quote from that article by Rob Biertempfel:

After they dressed quietly and slipped out of the ballpark, several players privately admitted they were puzzled and disappointed by Hurdle’s move to replace Taillon. Reactions ranged from, “unbelievable” to another that I can not print and keep my PG-13 rating. These are the kinds of moments when a manager, even one with three years left on his contract, can lose the confidence of the guys in the clubhouse. It’s a precarious position for a club that is on its way to a third straight losing season with a fan base that is equal parts angry and apathetic.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

416571797C100 wrote: While perusing the Athletic this morning I was not surprised to read that the players apparently feel very much like we fans do. I wonder what Nutting will do if there's a clubhouse revolt? Here's a quote from that article by Rob Biertempfel:

After they dressed quietly and slipped out of the ballpark, several players privately admitted they were puzzled and disappointed by Hurdle’s move to replace Taillon. Reactions ranged from, “unbelievable” to another that I can not print and keep my PG-13 rating. These are the kinds of moments when a manager, even one with three years left on his contract, can lose the confidence of the guys in the clubhouse. It’s a precarious position for a club that is on its way to a third straight losing season with a fan base that is equal parts angry and apathetic.

The Athletic, some great writing in that site. Not just about the Bucs but the other Burgh teams as well as other cities teams. Glad I followed your suggestion and subscribed.
rucker59@gmail.com

Not a good day for Neal:

He “helps” Jamison understand how generous Hurdle was to even allow Tallion to go out for the 7th.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pira ... 1807080126

Okay Neal - we’re all so damn sick of the constant spin, you’re now telling us Tallion should not be allowed to go through a lineup the third time. This is your assessment of your ace?

Why can’t these people just own up? Why doesn’t Neal say something like “it’s a long season and mistakes will be made. I think Clint would agree: he’d like the opportunity to redo this decision.”

Instead it’s more BS. He doesn’t even care that he’s actually tearing down his own rotation. He doesn’t care that he publicly tossed Jamison under the bus. This is a sick organization.
rucker59@gmail.com

Oh yeah - I just now see this completely: this was another shot at the fans - “well, Clint and I are in a bad spot. If Jamison stays in and loses the game you’ll be blaming us for not pulling him....”

These people make me want to puke!
BenM

Post by BenM »

I wonder what Taillon's reaction was when he heard Huntington say that third time through the lineup all players hit him like they are Mike Trout.

I assume the OPS stats cited by Huntington are accurate, but that is not a comparison that should be made in public with one of your best young talents.
rucker59@gmail.com

03242F0C410 wrote: I wonder what Taillon's reaction was when he heard Huntington say that third time through the lineup all players hit him like they are Mike Trout.

I assume the OPS stats cited by Huntington are accurate, but that is not a comparison that should be made in public with one of your best young talents.

That’s my overall point - Hurdle and Neal seem to not care what message they send to certain players while they shelter others.  I thought Hurdle was a POCrap for letting Anderson get shelled against the Dodgers.  I think the same thing about pulling Tallion.

Been using this term lot lately, but if I’m tallion this feels very personal.   For Jamison to speak up, to hear how the team responded in the club house, it’s like management is trying to push tallion out.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I’m tired of Hurdle and Neal and I honestly want both of them gone. Just too much stuff happening with certain players where Hurdle just continues to cause tension in the clubhouse with the team. Also, you just not enough progress with some of your better players on the team like Polanco and Bell. I know Nutting is the main problem and the constant in all of this but I’ve really had enough of Clint and Neal these last two weeks and I would start a parade if both got let go tomorrow.
Quail

Post by Quail »

Based on what I'm hearing from various sources I'm getting the impression that the clubhouse is becoming increasingly toxic. A normal MLB franchise would have jettisoned Hurdle by now given the team's performance, and the confusion and anger leaking from players into the media. Unfortunately NH is probably okay with all of it as he sets the example by his own evasive and obfuscating behavior.