Marte CF

Polanco RF

Moran 3rd

Freese 1st

Diaz C

Meadows LF

Rodriguez SS

Musgrove P

Nice to see Meadows in the lineup after being called back up. Wonder why a JHay has been getting so many days off. Another important game today for the Pirates they need to win. Taking 3 of 4 from the Mets and going 5 games over .500 and 8-2 overall through the first ten games after the break right at the deadline should really encourage Neal to want to add to this team come Tuesday.
ChitownBucco

Mets@Pirates 7/29 Game Thread...

Post by ChitownBucco »

Just win baby!
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Freese is a good fielder. 3b 1b, doesn't matter to him. Great play for out #2. Inning over after k looking.

Let's get up early and stay up
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

616860717F050 wrote: Freese is a good fielder.  3b 1b, doesn't matter to him.  Great play for out #2.    Inning over after k looking.

Let's get up early and stay up
Freese is a valuable utility guy. I would like to see him resigned
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Be nice to give Musgrove a run or two here he has been excellent through 6 innings allowing the 1 run on 70 pitches. Gotta get the bats going and find a way to win this game.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

This has been one of the most excruciating Joe Block broadcasts yet. I've muted it 4 different times because he WON'T STOP TALKING! It's the Joe Block stream of consciousness. It's unbearable.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Hopefully we can rally in the 9th it’s going to be extremely frustrating to lose this game 1-0 with Wheeler driving in the only run of the game for the Mets.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Really wanted to win this one today. You wanted to go 3-1 against a bad Mets team. The Pirates are 7-3 since the All Star Break which is pretty good but I feel the Pirates missed an opportunity this weekend winning only 2 games and getting a split as opposed to winning 3 out of 4 and winning this series against a pretty bad Mets team.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Disappointing loss today and a missed opportunity.

But I still feel pretty good. Bottom line is they've won 15 of 19 despite being pretty banged up lately.

The most games they can be back at the trade deadline is 4, I think.

They need to sweep the Cubs but they absolutely must get 1 of 2, and then they have to get 2 of 3 from the Cards.
mouse

Post by mouse »

On the announcing, I have a friend who vaguely watches games but doesn't know much about the people involved. He complained today about "that one announcer," he didn't know the name, who just drives him crazy. He finally switched to the Mets broadcast of the game to get away from him. No idea who he could mean. :)