Trade deadline poll: what will Neal do?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

I think Neal’s going to surprise and add to the pen and the rotation. It just makes sense - add to this team, impress fans, and the addition will make the team better the next couple years as well.
Kovalwat

Post by Kovalwat »

I think Doofus will do nothing and then blubber on about not wanting to mortgage the future.
mouse

Post by mouse »

If he does anything, I would expect a bullpen addition. The likelihood is much greater he does something in August with someone who has cleared waivers. He'll also have a clearer picture then of whether this resurgence is a mirage or for real.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

6163797F690C0 wrote: If he does anything, I would expect a bullpen addition. The likelihood is much greater he does something in August with someone who has cleared waivers. He'll also have a clearer picture then of whether this resurgence is a mirage or for real.

Yep, that is TBMTIB's MO!
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Alex McCrae is now in the pen. Brault walks too many and is often in trouble. My prediction is the Bucs make a minor addition to the pen --- Tyler Clippard from the Jays.

Clippard is a RH and we need a LH, but he should come relatively cheap in talent, he is earning very little (all of $1.8 mil this year) and he is pitching relatively well in Toronto.

In the end, I believe NH will find that the available starters are too expensive in talent. And, I am not that excited about either Archer or Glausman. I would rather take a shot a Wheeler than either of the above, even though Wheeler is basically a rental.
UtahPirate

Post by UtahPirate »

Whatever happens, it will be at the very last minute when values drop a little and another team gets antsy to make the move. That is how it usually goes with NH.

He won't have one reliever in mind, he'll have three and take the one from the team that blinks first. Nothing to see here until tomorrow at this time.
Quail

Post by Quail »

Neal will acquire a bullpen arm. Yawn. Sigh..
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

How many more starts will a SP have from the trading deadline forward?

Now there's no question what I want for a team for next year, or for a team solidly in a playoff race to gear up for an October series. But I wonder if two good relievers have a bigger opportunity to change more losses to wins in the Stretch than one starter. Of course adding a starter would change the BP too, sending one of the current starters there.

You figure that if a team stays competitive through to the end, about half of the games pitched by the pitcher losing his spot will probably be wins anyhow.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

6B5955554173505954515E59380 wrote: How many more starts will a SP have from the trading deadline forward? 

Now there's no question what I want for a team for next year, or for a team solidly in a playoff race to gear up for an October series.  But I wonder if two good relievers have a bigger opportunity to change more losses to wins in the Stretch than one starter.  Of course adding a starter would change the BP too, sending one of the current starters there. 

You figure that if a team stays competitive through to the end, about half of the games pitched by the pitcher losing his spot will probably be wins anyhow.

you make a good point. IMO, if a starter is acquired it has to be somebody here for more than this season and it has to be somebody you want starting a playoff game ( which puts him ahead of Williams, Kuhl, Kingham and Nova)