Kela not available tonight???

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I heard this morning that Kela should be in uniform tonight for the Pirates but Clint doesn’t wanna pitch him yet because he wants to give a day to get settled in from all that has happened the last few days. If this is true then it’s completely ridiculous and just stupid if you ask me. There is an off day tomorrow Cling you can tell Kela to relax and get settled in then but still be able to pitch tonight. This is what drives people like myself nuts about Hurdle are these little things he does with resting guys or not pitching guys. These games are important Clint NEWSFLASH. You need to win everyone you pitch Kela tonight if neccessary period. Why not give him the Cardinals series off this weekend too while you’re at it’s Clint. Same with Archer as well since he might be too tired to pitch. I’m just fed up with this crap from Hurdle and he better not pull something like this with Kela tonight where he is available and the Pirates are up a run and he doesn’t use him.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

what makes you just assume this is all hurdle's doing?

for what it's worth, players have 72 hours to report to a new team.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Well whoever idea it is it’s dumb if this is true. Why wouldnt they want to pitch him if he is in uniform and is available?? Please give me one good reason why this is a good idea??
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

The probably just don't want to make any guarantees. who knows when he's coming in or what the schedule would be like. I imagine most of these guys have a pretty ingrained gameday habits.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

what I think is dumb is why say anything at all prior to the game?

Who knows what is going to happen and who will be needed?

Hurdle may want to give him a chance to get acclimated but he could come in chomping at the bit to pitch too.

Why not just say he will be available and leave it at that.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Rob Biertempfel

@RobBiertempfel

2m2 minutes ago

Archer is here at PNC Park and will meet with media before tonight's game. Kela is expected to goin the #Pirates on Friday.
gileszee

Post by gileszee »

Pfffff...Friday? Friggin Glasnow is pitching for the Rays tonight. Get your a$$ here already Kela. Geez.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

40727E7E6A587B727F7A7572130 wrote: Rob Biertempfel

@RobBiertempfel

2m2 minutes ago

Archer is here at PNC Park and will meet with media before tonight's game. Kela is expected to goin the #Pirates on Friday.

That's ridiculous.   Bad form.  His new team is in a race and he wants to take a 3 day vacation?  Red Flag regarding attitude. 
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

well, we're off tomorrow so I guess I take it back. I didn't realize we were off. So he's missing 1 game. No big deal.

I thought he was taking a vacation while we were playing 2.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

4A434B5A542E0 wrote: well, we're off tomorrow so I guess I take it back.   I didn't realize we were off.   So he's missing 1 game.    No big deal.

I thought he was taking a vacation while we were playing 2.

I think they were on the road when the trade went down too.

Now I'm not going to feel sorry for the poor baseball players, but imagine being out of town on a business trip and getting a phone call saying that you live in a different city halfway across the country now.