2. Starling Marte (R) CF

3. Gregory Polanco (L) RF

4. David Freese (R) 1B

5. Colin Moran (L) 3B

6. Francisco Cervelli (R) C

7. Josh Harrison (R) 2B

8. Jordy Mercer (R) SS

9. Jameson Taillon (R) P

Still no S-Rod. Echevarria must be getting closer.
Osushawn

8/7 vs Rockies

Post by Osushawn »

Buccos pickup Buddy Boshers and DFA Bostick
Bobster21

8/7 vs Rockies

Post by Bobster21 »

Phantom abdomen strain put S-Rod on DL as Echevarria arrives. Recovery expected in exactly 25 days when rosters expand on 9/1.
dmetz

8/7 vs Rockies

Post by dmetz »

547974656273642427160 wrote: Phantom abdomen strain put S-Rod on DL as Echevarria arrives. Recovery expected in exactly 25 days when rosters expand on 9/1.

Hahahahahhahaha.  What on Earth needs to happen for this dude to get DFA'd?     They faked another injury.  WHY? 

I almost want them to keep doing this stuff now.   It's become a running gag.

ChitownBucco

8/7 vs Rockies

Post by ChitownBucco »

just win baby
ChitownBucco

8/7 vs Rockies

Post by ChitownBucco »

let's have a blow out win and see A-Hech tonight!
CarolinaBucco

8/7 vs Rockies

Post by CarolinaBucco »

MUST-WIN tonight. Got to have it (and tomorrow).

Serious question ... teams constantly fake injuries to put a guy on the DL instead of sending him down or DFAing him. It happens all the time. Does MLB police that in any way? I think everyone knows that S-Rod isn't really hurt. But do other teams care? Maybe not, since they all do the same thing as well. Does MLB even care? Do you have to do anything to prove or document that the player is really "injured."

Bobster21

8/7 vs Rockies

Post by Bobster21 »

2301120F0C090E01221503030F600 wrote: MUST-WIN tonight. Got to have it (and tomorrow).

Serious question ... teams constantly fake injuries to put a guy on the DL instead of sending him down or DFAing him. It happens all the time. Does MLB police that in any way? I think everyone knows that S-Rod isn't really hurt. But do other teams care? Maybe not, since they all do the same thing as well. Does MLB even care? Do you have to do anything to prove or document that the player is really "injured."
Not 100% sure but I believe I've heard that as long as the team has a doctor certify any sort of injury, the team can DL him. From day 1 just about every player has some sort of minor injury. Severity is not an issue. If S-Rod is willing to say his side is a tad tender and a team physician diagnosis it as some sort of vague strain, it meets the DL requirements. All that's required is a medical diagnosis and then it's up to the team as to whether the player goes on the DL or not.
Bobster21

8/7 vs Rockies

Post by Bobster21 »

Hey, it only took 3 innings tonight for me to scream at Robbie to shut up. I need him to interview me.

Robbie: "Bob, what does it mean to hear me blather on and on with nothing to say?"

Me: "Well golly gee wiz Robbie. It means ATT&T Sports wants to inflict punishment on the Pirate audience." 
RichD

8/7 vs Rockies

Post by RichD »

Hope Bostick gets a chance somewhere he has earned it . The Boshers guy looks pretty good Neil digging deep to find players .