Now I have to learn to pronounce Adeiny Hechavarria

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

The Pirates have acquired infielder Adeiny Hechavarria from Tampa Bay, along with cash considerations, for minor league right hander Matt Seelinger.

NOW can we let SRod go?
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

6B6F6750465663444B250 wrote: The Pirates have acquired infielder Adeiny Hechavarria from Tampa Bay, along with cash considerations, for minor league right hander Matt Seelinger.

NOW can we let SRod go?

the infield defense just got better and that should help the pitching.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

686C64534555604748260 wrote: The Pirates have acquired infielder Adeiny Hechavarria from Tampa Bay, along with cash considerations, for minor league right hander Matt Seelinger.

NOW can we let SRod go?
Interesting. He was DFA'd on 8/1. He's played SS exclusively for the past 6 years. Good fielder but lacks the versatility of S-Rod. But I suspect S-Rod is being let go and the combo of Frazier and Hechavarria cover all the spots where S-Rod could have been used.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

I do not wish any ballplayer any ill will.

But, come on NH, this needs to be the end of S-Rod.

But, my guess is that they will send Luplow back to the minors and keep the man with a thousand baseball lives (at least with the Pirates). Why? Because S-Rod, in their mind, has more versatility in the outfield.

And, even though the Andy Hech--- guy can't hit, his average is much higher than S-Rods.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

This is an excellent pickup. Good move by Neal. Our defense just got better and now there is no reason that S-Rod should ever see the light of day at SS again.

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Name is pronounced:   a-DAY-nee etch-eh-var-EE-ah

And S-Rod is pronounced:  GONE
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

GOOD TRADE. Must sure up infield defense. Plus defender at short = plus defender at 2b. No bat vs RHP but that's OK, SRod doesn't either
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

More detail on this trade including the money exchanging hands.

Hechavarria Trade Details
RichD

Post by RichD »

Dude has made 24 million over the years  and cant hit a lick. A solid IF glove is nice to have. We got us a Mark Belanger for the stretch run .Teams that are serious make moves like this .Neil not giving up I like this. ;D
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

6259535874300 wrote: Dude has made 24 million over the years  and cant hit a lick. A solid IF glove is nice to have. We got us a Mark Belanger for the stretch run .Teams that are serious make moves like this .Neil not giving up I like this. ;D

Per Baseball Reference he seems to be a bit better hitter than Belanger. As for fielding Belanger maintained his GG defense through out his career. But it is a toss up.

Would love the Bucs to sign him to a couple year deal depending on the money to kind of shepherd Kramer or which ever kid they bring up next season.