Luplow and Newman Joining Bucs

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Just saw that Luplow was recalled, and Newman’s contract was purchased. Appears Stallings going down and Mercer to DL. Sadler was also dfa to make room for Newman.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

hey this is interesting
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

guess they have seen enough of Sadler since they kept S-Rod.

Glad to see Newman get a chance. Hopefully he gets some starts.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

I know it has been said by many and on many occasions, but the fascination with keeping Rodriguez around is past the stage of being nauseating.

While I have no idea if Sadler could be a valuable part of the team in the future, S-Rod has no value after this season, and frankly, has even less value this season. Having him on the roster this season has taken a space away from someone who could have contributed more this year.

So --- goodbye Casey. Hope that Newman and Luplow can contribute.
Kovalwat

Post by Kovalwat »

Just what we need, more LMG's.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Why am I seeing opinions that Newmans defense is very average?I see reports now that his teenage is suspect?

I surely hope he's a good fielder and all the minor league reports aren't more BS.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

5C555D4C42380 wrote: Why am I seeing opinions that Newmans defense is very average?I see reports now that his teenage is suspect? 

I surely hope he's a good fielder and all the minor league reports aren't more BS.

From what I gather from P2 is that he is an average SS. Not the Hechiveria type by any means but will have decent range and will make the routine plays as well as some above average ones. Certainly he will be better than Jordy at this stage of his career. Looks like the one to watch is Cole Tucker in Altoona. He seems to have passed Newman as a prospect but still has some hitting to work on.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

406169406B63040 wrote: Why am I seeing opinions that Newmans defense is very average?I see reports now that his teenage is suspect? 

From what I gather from P2 is that he is an average SS.  Not the Hechiveria type by any means but will have decent range and will make the routine plays as well as some above average ones.  Certainly he will be better than Jordy at this stage of his career.  Looks like the one to watch is Cole Tucker in Altoona.  He seems to have passed Newman as a prospect but still has some hitting to work on.

According to the Oliver system he is better average and better than Hechevvria:

2016-2018

Double Play

Name Range Hands Start Pivot

Newman, Kevin .825 .891 .585 .662

Hecheverria, Adeinis .791 .887 .607 .485

--------------------------------------------

MLB Average .780 .879 .578 .576
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

567071667060130 wrote: Why am I seeing opinions that Newmans defense is very average?I see reports now that his teenage is suspect? 

From what I gather from P2 is that he is an average SS.  Not the Hechiveria type by any means but will have decent range and will make the routine plays as well as some above average ones.  Certainly he will be better than Jordy at this stage of his career.  Looks like the one to watch is Cole Tucker in Altoona.  He seems to have passed Newman as a prospect but still has some hitting to work on.

According to the Oliver system he is better average and better than Hechevvria:

2016-2018

Double Play

Name                 Range Hands Start Pivot

Newman, Kevin         .825  .891  .585  .662

Hecheverria, Adeinis  .791  .887  .607  .485

--------------------------------------------

MLB Average           .780  .879  .578  .576

Whatever the Oliver system is it shows good things about Newman in the field.